N
noorez
Guest
I’ll pose my question best I can:
From what I know, God the Son is considered to be fully God and divine. Therefore having the attributes of omnipresence and omnipotence and such…Therefore if someone wished to pray or speak to God the Son they could technically do it from anywhere…
Now from what I understand, upon taking a human nature, the divine nature was in no way diminished or lost: the attributes of omnipresence or omnipotence should not be lost. So if an angel/human wished to speak to God the Son they could still do so (and God The Son could respond to human/angel freely) however, the new testament gospels seem to indicate that after the incarnation, the only point of communication would be at ‘Jesus of Nazereth’ s current physical location. What is the response to this?
The second part of my question comes to the suffering. I know that the catholic church rejects the more ‘Protestant’ idea that Jesus had to be paid to the devil as he has ownership over us or that God is extremely angry with us and demands a sacrifice to make him happy. So when the (english) Bible uses words such as ransom and debt, what is inner meaning of this?
From what I know, God the Son is considered to be fully God and divine. Therefore having the attributes of omnipresence and omnipotence and such…Therefore if someone wished to pray or speak to God the Son they could technically do it from anywhere…
Now from what I understand, upon taking a human nature, the divine nature was in no way diminished or lost: the attributes of omnipresence or omnipotence should not be lost. So if an angel/human wished to speak to God the Son they could still do so (and God The Son could respond to human/angel freely) however, the new testament gospels seem to indicate that after the incarnation, the only point of communication would be at ‘Jesus of Nazereth’ s current physical location. What is the response to this?
The second part of my question comes to the suffering. I know that the catholic church rejects the more ‘Protestant’ idea that Jesus had to be paid to the devil as he has ownership over us or that God is extremely angry with us and demands a sacrifice to make him happy. So when the (english) Bible uses words such as ransom and debt, what is inner meaning of this?