Necklace

• Thread starter Thread starter Marcos_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcos_1

i have this necklace since i was little and i would like to know what it mean its on a string and its front pic is haly mary and the back has a heart with a sword in it and a looks like fire with a cross on top of it. what is this i truely dont remeber what this meant.

Marcos=-:
i have this necklace since i was little and i would like to know what it mean its on a string and its front pic is haly mary and the back has a heart with a sword in it and a looks like fire with a cross on top of it. what is this i truely dont remeber what this meant.
The heart with a sword is symbolic of our Lady’s suffering. From the sciptures where it say’s ," Thy own soul a sword shall pierce, that the thoughts of many may be laid bare."
The fire is meant to symbolise her immaculate hearts burning charity.
The cross represents Jesus. To Jesus through Mary.
When you see a heart encircled by thorns this represents Jesus’ heart.

Marcos=-:
Do the images look something like this:
http://www.holy-spirit.ca/images/Immaculate Heart of Mary.jpg
If so, it’s a religous medal of the Immaculate heart of Mary. You can learn more at: newadvent.org/cathen/07168a.htm

no it does not look like that it looks like you can see her whhole body and it looks likee she holding a heart and its shining.

can i ask what that is and its a little pic that colth witha green suddering i wish i could scan it on here but my scanners not working.

but what i mean is what does this symbol’z y should i wear it.

no sorry that not it. i wish i could show it. i was givin it when i was little im 15 know and im trying to remember what it means?

Does it look like this:

(one side)
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

annnd the other side:
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

And it’s all on one string, so that it could be worn like a necklace? Cause that’s what I have, and it sounds almost like what you have.

If so, then you have a Green Scapular. More information here.

🙂

but what does it mean to wear it. Is it in honor of Haly Mary".

ok i got this when io was little a stuff from my mom or a preist and stuff Im quoting this right there “Whenever there is someone in the family or a friend who is far away from the faith and you want to do something about it, * our Blessed Mother gave us one means of converting them* when she appeared to Sister Justine Bisqueyburu in 1840 carrying " the cloth of conversion—the Green Scapular”.
She said, 'This holy badge of my Immaculate Heart is to be the means of conversion of souls.

But what does this mean in engislh that this is for someone that converted or converting them i truly dont understand this its confusing Sorry.

I don’t know what your native language is, but the passage you quoted is basically it.

You wear the green scapular and pray for the conversion of someone you know. It could be anyone.

I have also heard some people place the green scapular under their non-catholic spouse’s side of the bed and pray for their spouse’s conversion that way.

I am no expert on the green scapular, only commenting on what the passage said, and what I have heard other’s say about the green scapular.

You should try and search the term “green scapular” or “scapular” on this forum to find threads and more information on these sacramentals.

if you mean my culture im Puerto Rican, lang i speak spanish, engislh mostly engislh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back