Need A Good Prayer...Quick

• Thread starter Thread starter tkdnick
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tkdnick

Sorry this is so last minute! My friend on Parish Council is supposed to lead our prayer tonight and won’t be able to make it, so I’ll be taking her place. I’m looking for a good prayer to start and/or end our meeting on.

MUCH THANKS!!!

**An Opening Prayer

****Leader: We are ordinary people in Ordinary Time,

blessed with the extraordinary gift of redemption,

empowered by an extraordinary Spirit who calls us to follow Jesus.

We are ordinary people in Ordinary Time,

charged with the extraordinary mission of building the kingdom of God.

All: We invite the Lord’s presence and guidance to enrich our meeting today.

Leader: Let us pray:

All: Loving God, your goodness is beyond what our spirit can touch, and your strength is more than the mind can bear. Lead us to seek beyond our reach and give us the courage to stand before your truth. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Scripture Reading: Philippians 4: 6-9

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

**Moment of quiet reflection

**Leader: Let us pray:

All: Loving God, give each of us here today the wisdom to listen to each other and to hear God’s voice through their words. Fill each of us with the peace you have promised, that we may serve you and those you have entrusted to our care more freely and generously. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God forever and ever. Amen.

**A Closing Prayer

**Reading: from a letter of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

"Trust in the slow work of God

We are, quite naturally

impatient in everything to reach the end

without delay;

We should like to skip the

intermediate stages.

We are impatient at being on the way

to something new,

And yet it is the law of all progress

that it is made by passing through

some stages of instability

and that it may take a very long time.

Only God could say what this new spirit

gradually forming within you will be.

Give our Lord the benefit of believing

that His hand is leading you,

and accepting the anxiety

of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete."

(Nm 24: 15-17; Jn 20-20)
May your God be someone you can lean on in your weak or painful moments. May you know God as your rock, your shelter, your strength, your wing of comfort and support. (Ps 94:18)

May you not be afraid of the questions that press upon your mind and heart. May you welcome the questions and wait patiently for the day when they will have their answers. (Mt 11:3)

May you be the one with welcome in your smile and hello etched upon your hand, the hand you extend to everyone who blesses you with presence. (Lk 7:36-50)

May the wellsprings of compassion flow deep within you until you can taste the tears of your brothers and sisters. (2 Cor 1:3-7)

May you awake each morning with thank you on your lips and in your heart, recognizing that all is gift, that all is blessing. (Ps 138:1)

May your life this year and in the years to come be a living legacy to your God.

40.png
tkdnick:
Whoa! Did you come up with that on your own??? That was really good!
Hi,
Found it on a US diocesan www. God bless.

Thanks! I got my opening from John and my closing from Didi’s link to the EWTN site.

Again…MANY THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back