Need a prayer and help

• Thread starter Thread starter snowman10
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowman10

I read many threads asking for people to pray for them for very important reasons, and well, I feel like my prayer request is pithy. But I am at my rope’s end so I shall ask.

My mom and I have not been getting along well at all. We used to all the time but not anymore. She is twice divorced and I am her only child. Four years ago she began dating a fairly nice man, 10 years her senior, and a liberal Methodist, same as her and what I was raised in. This year before I left for college she moved in with him, and I had to go as well. Since they began dating, she has changed for the worse I feel. Then a little more than a 1 1/2 year ago, I began dating a wonderful Catholic girl. Since then, my mom has been acting even stranger and she is only happy when she gets what she wants. She is also incredibly irrational. I also think she does not like my girlfriend, even though she says she does. she talks about people behind their backs and it seems like she wants to be a mom when its conveinent for her and when she wants to be, I have to drop what I am doing to accomodate. I have gone to a counselor but she won’t. She also hates the fact that I now embrace Catholicism, even though she promotes her boyfriends son being a Wiccan. Please help me and pray. Any comments would be of much help!

DU

40.png
snowman10:
I read many threads asking for people to pray for them for very important reasons, and well, I feel like my prayer request is pithy. But I am at my rope’s end so I shall ask.

My mom and I have not been getting along well at all. We used to all the time but not anymore. She is twice divorced and I am her only child. Four years ago she began dating a fairly nice man, 10 years her senior, and a liberal Methodist, same as her and what I was raised in. This year before I left for college she moved in with him, and I had to go as well. Since they began dating, she has changed for the worse I feel. Then a little more than a 1 1/2 year ago, I began dating a wonderful Catholic girl. Since then, my mom has been acting even stranger and she is only happy when she gets what she wants. She is also incredibly irrational. I also think she does not like my girlfriend, even though she says she does. she talks about people behind their backs and it seems like she wants to be a mom when its conveinent for her and when she wants to be, I have to drop what I am doing to accomodate. I have gone to a counselor but she won’t. She also hates the fact that I now embrace Catholicism, even though she promotes her boyfriends son being a Wiccan. Please help me and pray. Any comments would be of much help!

DU
…the prayer below has been tied to miracles in the past…
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with with confidence, I fly to you, O virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

I wish you peace:thumbsup:

Wow. I don’t know what really to say, 'cept that I’m prayering for ya, snowman.

I’ll pray for you and your mom.

“Preach often, use words when necessary.” St Francis

Peace,
Jen

I’ll pray for you snowman. I dont really no what to say except that your mom’s behavior is not your fault. It sounds like you are trying to get her to change her attitude, but she won’t unless she is willing to accept your help and see who she is hurting.

God Bless,
Andrew

I’ll be praying for you although it sounds like your mom needs the prayers more. She will be in my prayers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back