Need a Saint or prayer for a suffering friend (sensitive topic)

  • Thread starter Thread starter MyLittleFlowers
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MyLittleFlowers

Guest
A dear friend of mine, who was raised minimally Catholic (baptized but no other sacraments, no religious education) recently suffered the loss of child through an abortion she was advised to have because her child was diagnosed with anencephaly. She was told by her doctor that this was medically necessary, and while I know what Catholic teaching has to say regarding this, I believe my friend was ignorant and doing her best in a terrible situation.

The reason I mention this, is that she is finally having a funeral service for her baby (another relative died and she decided to have the baby’s remains interred with this relative). I will be attending, and she actually asked me if there was a special patron saint for babies. This surprised me, because she has not been open to Catholicism in the past.

Of course there are many saints and devotions to chose from, but especially given her circumstances, the fact that her heart may be softening toward God, and that she so desperately needs comfort, can anyone give me some specific help? Thank you so much in advance!
 
There is Nicholas of Tolentino, Philip of Zell, and Maximus.
 
May I make two suggestions?

Blessed Margaret of Castello was a disabled and unwanted baby (you can leave out the unwanted part). She went on to become a great and beloved Dominican in the city of Castello.

And of course, the greatest saint of all - Our Lady of Sorrows.

This little one’s life may have been taken but from this evil the Mama may come Home…how wonderful is THAT?
 
Thank you for your kinds responses–LSK, that is a great comforting thought!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top