Need a spiritual director!

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

I would like to have a spiritual director, but all the priests are so busy, it takes forever to get to talk to one, I don’t have the time to travel far or the money to pay for one, I would if I did. Any suggestions?

Dave,
  1. Contact your local parish. If they can’t recommend someone try the diocesan headquarters.
  2. Alot of college campus’ have Newman Centers. The next post will have a list for the midwest area.
  3. Religious orders (convents, monasteries, retreat centres, etc.) are also good places to ask. I found my SD at the local shrine(he’s an OMI).
Hope this helps.

I have found that nuns are very good at spiritual direction. We have an Order near by that practices Perpetual Adoration. They have a very good reputation for spiritual direction. Hope you have such an order near you.

Good luck,
Deacon Tony SFO

I had a nun as a spiritual director for awhile. It didn’t work out for me. Mainly because she focused on going to daily mass. What I’ve been needing is someone to guide me in living the faith day by day. Like, how to respond to people and how to be devout without going overboard. See, it isn’t alway easy to get to morning mass. Some days I can’t get up in time because of the time I got home and into bed. Other days, my schedule otherwise makes it impossible.

The right spiritual director, I have found, is like finding a good counselor. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the proper “fit.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back