U
ultimate_ed
Guest
I’m a kindergarten CCE teacher. When I can, I try to encourage the kids to “give their parents homework” so that’s there’s some chance that they get exposure to our faith beyond the hour a week I can give them.
Last week I introduced the Bible to them as a gift from God to us. Tomorrow is my last class with them before the thanksgiving holiday. I want to send a note home to the parents encouraging them to use the Bible as part of their family prayer at the Thanksgiving meal. If they are like most of my generation, they’ve probably not read very much of the Bible, and quite frankly, may not even have one in their home.
So, my hope is to get at least some of them to get a bit of interest in Sacred Scripture by introducing it in this way.
What I’m looking for are suggestions for passages from the Bible that would be good to use as part of prayer for the Thanksgiving meal. I’m going to look myself, but, quite frankly, I’m not as versed in Scripture yet as I’d like to be.
I appreciate your suggestions.
God Bless,
Ed Klein
Last week I introduced the Bible to them as a gift from God to us. Tomorrow is my last class with them before the thanksgiving holiday. I want to send a note home to the parents encouraging them to use the Bible as part of their family prayer at the Thanksgiving meal. If they are like most of my generation, they’ve probably not read very much of the Bible, and quite frankly, may not even have one in their home.
So, my hope is to get at least some of them to get a bit of interest in Sacred Scripture by introducing it in this way.
What I’m looking for are suggestions for passages from the Bible that would be good to use as part of prayer for the Thanksgiving meal. I’m going to look myself, but, quite frankly, I’m not as versed in Scripture yet as I’d like to be.
I appreciate your suggestions.
God Bless,
Ed Klein