B
briang72
Guest
My parents divorced when I was really young, I think before I turned 5. I am now 37, and have become more educated in the Catholic faith in the last 4 years than the previous 33 combined.
My mom and dad were married in the Catholic Church. After divorce, they both eventually married outside of the Church, without ever persuing annulment of their marriage. My mom is divorced again, but my dad is still married after 30 years to the woman he married after divorcing my mom. Their 30th wedding anniversary is in less than a week. Lately, I have been thinking I should not be supporting their relationship as a marriage. However, after living with this situation for nearly my entire memorable life, I am not sure how to approach it.
I myself was married for 18 months, and then went through a divorce. I pursued an annulment, and my marriage was declared null. My dad and stepmother participated in the witness paperwork for my annulment. I am not sure if this really qualifies as a form of speaking to their own situation. They may think that I pursued the annulment for closure, and not for any spiritual reason.
Anyone care to share their experiences?
My mom and dad were married in the Catholic Church. After divorce, they both eventually married outside of the Church, without ever persuing annulment of their marriage. My mom is divorced again, but my dad is still married after 30 years to the woman he married after divorcing my mom. Their 30th wedding anniversary is in less than a week. Lately, I have been thinking I should not be supporting their relationship as a marriage. However, after living with this situation for nearly my entire memorable life, I am not sure how to approach it.
I myself was married for 18 months, and then went through a divorce. I pursued an annulment, and my marriage was declared null. My dad and stepmother participated in the witness paperwork for my annulment. I am not sure if this really qualifies as a form of speaking to their own situation. They may think that I pursued the annulment for closure, and not for any spiritual reason.
Anyone care to share their experiences?