Need help in the Dallas area

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnCarroll
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnCarroll

Hello
We will be moving soon and are looking for a parish in the Dallas area. We might move closer to a good Parish if we can find one.
Can anyone out there recommend one?
Any one out there familier with this area?

The University of Dallas has a reputation for orthodoxy. Making contact with the staff there may provide a good source of information for you.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your move.

There was an orthodox priest in Dallas, but the bishop moved him to Greenville, Texas. I don’t know if you would want to live that far away. I don’t know of any other orthodox priests in Dallas. You could always go to the Mater Dei Latin Mass community. There web site is web2.airmail.net/carlsch/MaterDei/ Hope this helps.

John,

I am not in the Dallas area, but near Houston. In spite of the well publicized issues with the current Bishop, the one thing I really admire about the diocese is that they have serveral FPSS (?) parishes that are completely dedicated to the Traditional Latin Mass as well as more Anglican Use parishes than anywhere else in the country. If I were moving there, I would try to be near an AU parish myself.

@ Lifeline,

I am familiar with the parish of which you speak,(I’ve been there a few times) but I would definately reccomend Mater Dei( which we go to). You will have the opportunity to attend the Tridentine Latin Mass with all the ‘bells and whistles’. You can count on straight Catholicism at Mater Dei.

Hi John Carroll

I live in Dallas. Welcome!

I can recommend the University of Dallas Church of The Incarnation, which has several priests who are (for the most part) orthodox. Be aware however that this parish exists primarily to serve the University community and therefore has very little else going on that a normal parish might havem, including elemtary school age training of virtually any kind.

Our own parish, St. Luke’s, in central Irving (a suburb) has a great Irish priest also who gives some hard driving sermons. Also lots of spanish Masses, and one with Gregorian Chanting. Blessed Sacrament (downtown area, what is known as the “M-street” district) is another wonderful parish, though they recently lost their beloved priest to a transfer.

Feel free to email me privately to discuss the “personality” of various areas of this big city. And it is HUGE.

I am not sure whether or not you are looking for the Latin Rite Mass, if so let me know here and I’ll get you that information.

BTW John, if you do decide to attend the Mater Dei Mass at the Carmelite convent, afterward drop by next door at the Mount St. Michael’s convent of the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity, and take a peek at our Catholic School, Prince of Peace Community School. We are less than 1/4 of a mile east of the Carmelites off West Davis. The Carmelite priests are the ones who celebrate our daily Mass for us at School.

Just to clarify: our school is not connected in any official way to the Mater Dei Community, aside from the fact that some of our school families attend that Mass and we exist right up the road. We’re a very traditional school, and are supportive of their right to the Tridentine Mass, though we celebrate the NO Mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back