Need help with Liturgy of the Hours

• Thread starter Thread starter gez722
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gez722

Can anyone tell me where the antiphons are located for Daytime Prayer in today’s Liturgy of the Hours. I’m using the 4 volume set and the notes stated that the antiphons are found in the Proper of Seasons. When I looked there I could only find one antiphon, instead of the 6 that are used before and after each of the psalms. I’ve been saying the LOTH for a little less than a year, but sometimes simple things like this really confuse me:confused:

God Bless,
Gary

40.png
gez722:
Can anyone tell me where the antiphons are located for Daytime Prayer in today’s Liturgy of the Hours. I’m using the 4 volume set and the notes stated that the antiphons are found in the Proper of Seasons. When I looked there I could only find one antiphon, instead of the 6 that are used before and after each of the psalms. I’ve been saying the LOTH for a little less than a year, but sometimes simple things like this really confuse me:confused:

God Bless,
Gary
This is a great question. When you are using the antiphons from the Proper (or Common), and there is only one listed for Daytime Prayer, then you say it before praying the 3 Psalms and again afterward: Just twice. You do not repeat that single antiphon before/after each Psalm.

A great help for LOTH is a book by Madeline Pecora Nugent, The Divine Office for Dodos, available from the Confraternity of Penitents via their gift shop: www.penitents.org It tells you all this stuff . . .

40.png
mercygate:
This is a great question. When you are using the antiphons from the Proper (or Common), and there is only one listed for Daytime Prayer, then you say it before praying the 3 Psalms and again afterward: Just twice. You do not repeat that single antiphon before/after each Psalm.

A great help for LOTH is a book by Madeline Pecora Nugent, The Divine Office for Dodos, available from the Confraternity of Penitents via their gift shop: www.penitents.org It tells you all this stuff . . .
Mercygate,
Thanks so much for the quick response! I kept paging back and forth looking for the missing antiphons, but now the mystery is solved. I really appreciate the help!

God Bless,
Gary

40.png
gez722:
Mercygate,
Thanks so much for the quick response! I kept paging back and forth looking for the missing antiphons, but now the mystery is solved. I really appreciate the help!

God Bless,
Gary
You’re welcome. This particular detail drove me nuts for about two years before I bought Madeline’s book!

The Divine Office For Dodos by Madeline Pecora Nugent solved all of my problems re saying the Divine Office. I bought the one volume breviary and it had languished on a shelf in my library until I bought Madeline’s book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back