Need ideas/help with spirituality tracts

• Thread starter Thread starter kmknapp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kmknapp

In my spare time I write tracts. I’ve got a finished one called “Spiritual Fitness Plan for Beginners and the Out-of-Shape” at my.execpc.com/~kmknapp/tracts/spiritualfitness.html .

I’m now working on two new ones for that series, tentatively titled “Spiritual Fitness for Advanced Beginners” and “Weight Training for Intermediate Spiritual Athletes”. The big question is: what goes in each? What I’ve got right now:

Beginners:
----- basic precepts obedience
----- morning offering
----- daily Work of Mercy
----- examination of conscience before bed

Advanced Beginners:
----- 15 minutes reading Sacred Srcipture daily, intro to lectio divina
----- finding a spiritual director/ soul friend/ regular confessor for one-on-one guidance and help
----- regular (quarterly? monthly?) confession, guided by one’s nightly exanination of conscience (what keeps coming up that could use some confessional grace?)
----- intro to Rosary mysteries

Intermediate:
----- intro to Liturgy of the Hours
----- use of the Jesus Prayer, role of ejaculatory prayer in coming to pray constantly
----- control of the passions by fasting, mortification, obedience
----- “offering it up”

Fellow warriors: anything I’m missing, anything misassigned? I’m especially worried about discouraging preople from even trying by being too daunting too early. HELP!

karen marie

kmknapp,

This is a really unique idea. I am a certified personal trainer and this caught my attention. This is a really good idea you have!!http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

I hope I can give you some ideas.
  1. How about making sure you take in things that are healthy for you spiritually and cutting out the unhealthy stuff that the world offers. Maybe cut back on TV or worldly saturated music and replace it with something healthy for the soul. The Big Mac’s and Snickers bars can cause us heart attacks just like the the worldly things can cause us spiritual heartaches. I guess this could be labeled something like “Managing our Spiritual Diet.”
I’ll try to think about some more. It is late and my little brain is not too sahrp right now. Good luck with your project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back