C
catholic_gal
Guest
Hello all,
I was hoping to pick your brains on the sacrament of Holy Communion.
A bit of background: I’m a mentor with Life Teen at my church, and for this semester, we’re teaching the kids about the sacraments. When I decided to cover Holy Communion, I did not think at the time about how vast the subject was. Not that I’m complaining. In teaching these kids, I’ve also learned a great deal myself.
Nevertheless, for someone who’s been actively Roman Catholic her entire life, there’s still a lot I don’t know about this particular sacrament. That the Body and Blood of Christ is indeed present in the Eucharist, I know. I also know the origins of the sacrament, and all the basics. So do these teens.
I guess what I’m asking for is any insight into the sacrament that is not widely known. After all, these teens have definitely already received their First Communion, so I don’t want to regurgitate the same old lesson. That being said, is there anything you all think might be of interest to these teens, or change their perspective on Holy Communion? I would like to share with them (and learn myself) something deeper about the sacrament.
Hope I haven’t confused you all too much!
At any rate, I welcome any and all (name removed by moderator)ut on the subject matter. Thanks so much, and God bless you!
I was hoping to pick your brains on the sacrament of Holy Communion.
A bit of background: I’m a mentor with Life Teen at my church, and for this semester, we’re teaching the kids about the sacraments. When I decided to cover Holy Communion, I did not think at the time about how vast the subject was. Not that I’m complaining. In teaching these kids, I’ve also learned a great deal myself.
Nevertheless, for someone who’s been actively Roman Catholic her entire life, there’s still a lot I don’t know about this particular sacrament. That the Body and Blood of Christ is indeed present in the Eucharist, I know. I also know the origins of the sacrament, and all the basics. So do these teens.
I guess what I’m asking for is any insight into the sacrament that is not widely known. After all, these teens have definitely already received their First Communion, so I don’t want to regurgitate the same old lesson. That being said, is there anything you all think might be of interest to these teens, or change their perspective on Holy Communion? I would like to share with them (and learn myself) something deeper about the sacrament.
Hope I haven’t confused you all too much!
At any rate, I welcome any and all (name removed by moderator)ut on the subject matter. Thanks so much, and God bless you!