F
Farmerswife
Guest
So trying to make a long story a little less long, here it is.
I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and along with that came extra weight, high blood sugars, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. After I had two high risk pregnancies we had a talk with my OB who said another pregnancy could be dangerous to me or a baby. We were not willing to take that risk but were not happy with our options. NFP was out because of my PCOS it does not work for me. Birth control was out because of my health condition, none were safe. Not being with my husband was out because I didn’t want to put our marriage through that, right or wrong. The only option was sterilization. I was not healthy enough to go through the procedure so my husband decided he would. Though I know it hurt him spiritually. It hurt me too. Something has been keeping us both out of the confesional about this though and I know it is deeply hurting us every minute we do not confess. This was about two years ago.
To add salt to the wound, I now had a procedure that has taken care of, or at least put into remission, all of my symptoms and side effects. I had no idea at the time of the vasectomy that this was even an option to me. At this point, I could in fact make it safely through a pregnancy, so they say. We are so deep into this and we do now fully regret our choice. Even if made for what at that time was the right reason.
I know the simple answer to this is to get our behinds to confession. But I just keep wondering if that is enough? And under our circumstances, how bad was that decision we made. Should we consider a reversal? Should we meet with our Priest and see what he says? As far as wanting more kids, we had a hard time getting the two we have have and feel blessed to have them. We came to the conclusion that they were more than enough. But of course that is not our choice to make.
Could I get your opinion on our situation, please? Thank you.
I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and along with that came extra weight, high blood sugars, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. After I had two high risk pregnancies we had a talk with my OB who said another pregnancy could be dangerous to me or a baby. We were not willing to take that risk but were not happy with our options. NFP was out because of my PCOS it does not work for me. Birth control was out because of my health condition, none were safe. Not being with my husband was out because I didn’t want to put our marriage through that, right or wrong. The only option was sterilization. I was not healthy enough to go through the procedure so my husband decided he would. Though I know it hurt him spiritually. It hurt me too. Something has been keeping us both out of the confesional about this though and I know it is deeply hurting us every minute we do not confess. This was about two years ago.
To add salt to the wound, I now had a procedure that has taken care of, or at least put into remission, all of my symptoms and side effects. I had no idea at the time of the vasectomy that this was even an option to me. At this point, I could in fact make it safely through a pregnancy, so they say. We are so deep into this and we do now fully regret our choice. Even if made for what at that time was the right reason.
I know the simple answer to this is to get our behinds to confession. But I just keep wondering if that is enough? And under our circumstances, how bad was that decision we made. Should we consider a reversal? Should we meet with our Priest and see what he says? As far as wanting more kids, we had a hard time getting the two we have have and feel blessed to have them. We came to the conclusion that they were more than enough. But of course that is not our choice to make.
Could I get your opinion on our situation, please? Thank you.