Need Thanksgiving Prayer/Reading

• Thread starter Thread starter MilitaryWife91
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MilitaryWife91

Hello,

I posted this in Ask an Apologist, but am not sure they’ll get back to me in time, so I am hoping you can help me out.

I will be attending a Thanksgiving dinner next week with Catholic, Protestant and Jewish friends and would like to have a poignant prayer or reading to read before eating. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

MW

What about David’s prayer from I Chronicles 29:10-13:

“Blessed art thou, O Lord, the God of Israel our father, for ever and ever. Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty; for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exhalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from thee, and thou rulest over all. In thy hand are power and might; and in thy hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank thee, our God, and praise thy glorious name.”

or Psalm 100:

“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God! It is he that made us, and we are his, we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”

Psalm 67 [66]

May God be gracious and bless us and make his face shine upon us,
that thy way be known upon the earth, thy saving power among the nations,
Let the peoples praise the O God, let all the peoples praise thee.
Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for thou dost judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth.
Let all the peoples praise the O God, let all the peoples praise thee.
The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, has blessed us. God has blessed us: let all the ends of the earth fear him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back