Neopaganism and Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehemiah1

What do you think of the idea that Neopaganism is a religious belief science friendly? I mean as Catholic Christian that Neopaganism using pseudo scientific theories in the context of their belief.

Last edited:
“Pseudo-scientific” is not “science friendly” though. I guess it depends on what kind of neopaganism exactly; but if they believe in anything spiritual, then I don’t see how it could be based on science, since science can only study the material and natural things. Considering that the modern scientific method was developed by Christians, I’d say that our religion is the most friendly to it.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Benedictine Stanley Jaki argued that Monotheism, and specially Christianity contributed to the early development of the scientific method (as old Pagans would believe that nature is composed by gods, and, as such, it would be more difficult for them to study it).

I think that might be the reason why Plato and Aristotle weren’t true Pagans, but more like Deists or basic Monotheists.

It’s curious, because in our current positivistic age man idolatrizes science, but its moral failings (lust, above all) are similar to earlier Pagan ages. So, in their effort to secularize, the human being separated science from Christianity but also devolved in some forms of Pagan morality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back