New age infiltration!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mickey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickey

I have come across websites and ads in Catholic newspapers that publicize so-called Catholic retreat centers that are operated by nuns, which have been compromised by new age garbage. **examples: mother earth spirituality, reiki, enneagram etc. **Does anyone know why these retreat centers are allowed to operate? Obviously the bishops know what is going on. Sometimes the priests are sucked into this new age voodoo. It seems to be more prevalent in Franciscan and Dominican circles. This is very disturbing. Does anyone have any answers?

😦

40.png
Mickey:
I have come across websites and ads in Catholic newspapers that publicize so-called Catholic retreat centers that are operated by nuns, which have been compromised by new age garbage. **examples: mother earth spirituality, reiki, enneagram etc. **Does anyone know why these retreat centers are allowed to operate? Obviously the bishops know what is going on. Sometimes the priests are sucked into this new age voodoo. It seems to be more prevalent in Franciscan and Dominican circles. This is very disturbing. Does anyone have any answers?

😦
Write you bishop. They may in fact not know what is going on as they are so busy that they let their staff handle most things. Unfortunatley, the staff is often a cabal of left-wingnuts.

Scott

It certainly does seem to infect the orders who are more active in their community as opposed to the more cloistered orders. That makes sense to me, since those who have more contact with the secular world will be more likely to be affected by it. However, I still can’t understand why a community consecrated to Christ would turn to such New Age practices. Cardinal Ratzinger, in his book “Truth and Tolerance” described New Age practices as a turning from God back to the gods; so this reminds me of the post-Davidic kingdom(s) where the worship of pagan gods occurred alongside the worship of God. It’s all very disturbing to me.

Perhaps the Vatican should require some extra precautions against this for the active religious orders.

The enneagram is specifically proscribed in the Vatican document, Jesus Christ the Bearer of the Water of Life: A Christian Reflection on the “New Age”:

An example of this can be seen in the enneagram, the nine-type tool for character analysis, which when used as a means of spiritual growth introduces an ambiguity in the doctrine and the life of the Christian faith.

You should bring the matter to your bishop’s attention and copy the document above in your communication.

'thann

I do not understand why orders are not cracked down when they get into this type of thing. It literally destroys the order and their ability to draw new priests and nuns.

Pray for them and ASK the Bishop what he is personally going to do about it.

ybiC,
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back