"New Age" Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter steve99
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve99

Apparently a “New Age” rosary is being distributed widely throughout the world. These are cheap plastic in white, blue and pink with ITALY stamped on the reverse… Because they are very cheap they are often being bought in bulk and given away, without the people concerned being aware of what they are.

The following is quoted from information apparently given out at the Marian Cenacle in Limoges, France, on March 14th 2005.

The new age bit is in the cross at the bottom.
  1. Behind the figure of Christ is a serpent: Satan
  2. The serpent is coiled, signifying latent power.
  3. The cadecus, or upright pole (also known as the axis mundi) signifies mediation between heaven and earth. The serpent is coiled around this pole. (This features in Egyptian, Graeco-Roman, and Phoenician Baal symbolism).
  4. The cross is decorated with four pentagrams whose five points represent spirit, fire , water and earth. The Pentagram is a major occult sign. The bottom pentagram is inverted which in witchcraft, depicts the Devil’s goat.
  5. The four circles with a dot in the centre signify gold and the sun in Alchemy and, in general terms, “the resolution of all possibilities”.
I haven’t seen one of these myself and I don’t know if this is an accurate descripton. It may be that some of these are a misinterpretation of something innocent.

Whilst a blessing and its use for prayer should nullify any negative affects of this symbolism you should be aware that these are around and possibly millions are in circulation, and that if you are buying cheap plasctic rosaries in bulk, check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back