New Pro-Life society of Priests/Brothers being formed!

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholic29
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic29

Father Frank Pavone is founding a new Pro-Life religious congregation for men based in the Diocese of Amarillo Texas, called the *Missionaries of the Gospel of Life. *The timing for this is certainly providential, and from what I have read of their mission, it is most definitely needed in our day!

Let it be a contradiction to current moral cultural trends, and to some of the more established orders of men that have sold out to them.

Here is more info: priestsforlife.org/pressreleases/05-03-23apostolicassociation.htm

Pray Fr. Pavone recieves many vocational inquiries.:gopray:

I read about this recently and am absolutely thrilled. As a discerner for the Sisters of Life, I am so excited at the idea of having priests and brothers committed to this very same cause. Praise the Lord! It is so needed in our society.

:gopray:
Lily628

I wonder if they will wear habits like the Sisters of Life? Minus the veil of course.😉 I have a deep admiration and repect for religious. And I encourage you so much to pursue a vocation with the Sisters, it is very noble to offer yourself to the Lord and others in that way. But yes indeed, praise the Lord!

God Bless:gopray:

Catholic29

Dear Catholic29,

Thank you for the kind words.

If you are not already discerning a religious vocation, I think you should consider it. I have seen you post many times on things that relate to this topic.

Blessings, Lily628

40.png
lily628:
Dear Catholic29,

Thank you for the kind words.

If you are not already discerning a religious vocation, I think you should consider it. I have seen you post many times on things that relate to this topic.

Blessings, Lily628
Dear Lily628,

Yes I have been discerning a religious vocation, and am intending to look further into the very community I have posted in this thread. Though I have not yet decided to take the plunge, as I admit I have a little aprehension of never being able to marry. But I am still single at 29, and celibacy hasn’t hurt me yet. And I know ALL religious have had to overcome that fear at some point to answer God’s calling.

But it is a little consoling for aspiring religious and priests to read Luke 20: 27-38, in that all marriages of this world will cease and none will be given in Heaven.😉

27 Some Sadducees, those who deny that there is a resurrection, came forward and put this question to him, 28 saying, “Teacher, Moses wrote for us, ‘If someone’ brother dies leaving a wife but no child, his brother must take the wife and raise up descendants for his brother.’ 29 Now there were seven brothers; the first married a woman but died childless. 30 Then the second 31 and the third married her, and likewise all the seven died childless. 32 Finally the woman also died. 33 Now at the resurrection whose wife will that woman be? For all seven had been married to her.” 34 Jesus said to them, "The children of this age marry and remarry; 35 but those who are deemed worthy to attain to the coming age and to the resurrection of the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 They can no longer die, for they are like angels; and they are the children of God because they are the ones who will rise. 37 That the dead will rise even Moses made known in the passage about the bush, when he called ‘Lord’ the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; 38 and he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive." **

God Bless

Catholic29:)

Dear Catholic29,

I’m glad to hear that you’re seriously considering religious life. If you continue to pray and seek God about it, He will show you. Indeed God has confirmed it to me countless times when I have doubted, and I know for sure that it’s what he wants me to pursue.

Now I wonder if the Missionaries of the Gospel of Life and the Sisters of Life will combine into one religious order and work together? I think that would be great. Maybe I will email Fr. Frank about this to ask him. So who knows, maybe you and I will be working together someday! Regardless, we are all committed to the same cause of the sacredness of human life as God’s gift to us.

God bless,
Lily628

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back