New Revised Standard Version or Revised Standard Version?

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnjanice
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnjanice

Guest
What is the difference, if any in the New Revised Standard Version Bible vs the Revised Standard Version?
I now use the latter because it does not have the “inclusive language” that the NAB has.
Thanks!
 
The NRSV has inclusive language, probably more so than the NAB, I like it though.
 
What is the difference, if any in the New Revised Standard Version Bible vs the Revised Standard Version?
I now use the latter because it does not have the “inclusive language” that the NAB has.
Thanks!
Its gender neutral, but has been critized by many because some of the gender neutrality affects meaning of certain passages.

For that reason, I believe, it is not an “approved” version in the Catholic Church - though its a good translation for every day reading and is used frequently in the episcopalian churches.

The RSV - CE (Catholic Edition) - either first or second editions, are excellent translations.

Blessings,

Brian
 
I don’t think of the NAB as having “inclusive language,” it doesn’t even do “brothers and sisters” for “adelphoi” in greetings. . . .

It’s not a lovely translation, though, the RSV is much more graceful.
 
I don’t think of the NAB as having “inclusive language,” it doesn’t even do “brothers and sisters” for “adelphoi” in greetings. . . .

It’s not a lovely translation, though, the RSV is much more graceful.
I completely agree with you - I was responding to the OP question re: the NRSV.

Blessings,

Brian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top