1
1seekingfaith
Guest
Good Evening. I’m not sure if this would be the place to post some of the questions that I’m struggling with, those with regards to the faith. This is my first post, I’ve been reading posts here for a couple of months. I am 38 year old mother of 3 sons. I am preparing to begin RCIA classes in less than a month and have been attending mass for about two months now. I was raised Baptist, baptized at age 14 and stepped foot inside my first cathedral about 2 months ago. I immediately fell in love with the church, the message, the structure of it all. My husband graduated from a Catholic high school and having grown up surrounded by the Catholic religion does not seem to question some of the things that I do…and when I ask him questions, his answer is generally something like “I just always knew it to be that way” or “That’s the way I learned it”. I cannot blame him at all for this, and he suggested that I take to this site to ask some of the questions that I’d been bothered by. My family, who are not Catholic - in fact don’t go to any church at this point, don’t really understand my choice to follow Catholicism, in fact the last time I was at my sister’s, she told me that my dad called Catholics a “bunch of Mary worshipers”. I am having a hard time being able to defend the faith well since I am so new and don’t really understand it all that well myself, other than the things I’ve read online, the masses I’ve attended, and a couple of great books that I’m still currently reading. Any suggestions? Am I in the wrong section of this site? How can I feel positive/excited/faithful when I find it hard to defend my choice and I still question some of the doctrines myself?
