New Translation Petition

  • Thread starter Thread starter mwscott
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mwscott

Guest
This blog post at the New Liturgical Movement’s website links to a petition created in response to another petition which protests the immediate release of the new translation of the missal in the U.S.

This new petition is titled “We’ve waited long enough” and supports the bishops and the new translation.

I am not making any political statements, I am merely passing along the article and the link to the petition so those that are interested in signing can do so.

Pax domini
 
The new English missal still has to be typset, proofread, printed, and people need to be prepared for the new translations.

If it were released for immediate use tomorrow, can you imagine the pastoral train wreck it would cause?
 
The new English missal still has to be typset, proofread, printed, and people need to be prepared for the new translations.

If it were released for immediate use tomorrow, can you imagine the pastoral train wreck it would cause?
That is why the target date is Advent 2010. Now, the new translations of the propers of the Mass have been out for about a year. It’s not like nobody has yet seen them. The USCCB has had them on their website for quite some time.
 
This blog post at the New Liturgical Movement’s website links to a petition created in response to another petition which protests the immediate release of the new translation of the missal in the U.S.

This new petition is titled “We’ve waited long enough” and supports the bishops and the new translation.

I am not making any political statements, I am merely passing along the article and the link to the petition so those that are interested in signing can do so.

Pax domini
It really doesn’t matter because the new translation is going through regardless.
 
The new English missal still has to be typset, proofread, printed, and people need to be prepared for the new translations.

If it were released for immediate use tomorrow, can you imagine the pastoral train wreck it would cause?
The petition is not to get the new translations out to the parishes tomorrow. Rather it is in response to a petition to halt/slow down the new translations.The desire is to let others know that not everyone wants the new translations slowed down.
 
I’m a little embarrased to ask, but I’m new at this. What is the missal? :o
 
I am to be married in the Ordinary Form (my fiancée is not the fan of the EF like I am ), and I truly hope this translation is ready for July 2011.
 
I’m a little embarrased to ask, but I’m new at this. What is the missal? :o
The Missal is the Order of the Mass. Before Vatican II it was used by many if not most Catholics to follow the Mass. On one side would be the Latin; on the other the English translation. It was not hard to follow. One of the great myths propagandized after Vatican II was that Latin needs to be pulled from the Mass because it is outdated, and it meant little to the one attending Mass. When the Novus Ordo was instituted as the standard of worship, most if not all of the Latin was thrown out. What remained was a very flimsy translation from the Latin into English, and alot of liberties were taken, sometimes to the effect that you couldn’t find any coherence between the two languages.

Now, after many many years, the Vatican wants a new translation into languages that is practically a literal translation from the Latin. That’s fine with me; it should have been that way all along as far as I’m concerned. But there are those who adamantly oppose the new translation. For one thing, many bishops think that the Catholic in the pew is a complete idiot and not capable of understanding the change, or a literal translation.

How many of these bishops are up for retirement this year? About two dozen? This is one group I won’t be sorry to see go, believe me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top