New Years Resolve: Honoring the Holy Spirit by

• Thread starter Thread starter 1_Maria
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

1_Maria

…following His constant call to repentance…

**Prayer before Confession

O Holy Spirit, source of all light, come to my assistance and enable me to make a good confession. Enlighten me, and help me to know my sins as one day I shall be forced to recognize them before Christ’s judgment seat. Bring to my mind the evil which I have done and the good which I have neglected. Grant me, moreover, heartfelt sorrow for my sins, and the grace of a sincere confession, so that I may be forgiven and brought into your everlasting friendship. Mary, my Mother, pray for me to make a good confession. (Hail Mary, 3 times)**

…and holiness.

a suggestion from one of my very special friends who happens to be a priest.

Many of us have already responded with our ‘fiat’ and deep trust in the graces God promises to those who ask His help.

Maria

Dearest Maria

That is beautiful. The end of one year and the beginning is always a time for reflection, a call to repentance and to strive in Christ with new resolve in the new year.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

1 Maria:
…following His constant call to repentance…

Prayer before Confession

O Holy Spirit, source of all light, come to my assistance and enable me to make a good confession. Enlighten me, and help me to know my sins as one day I shall be forced to recognize them before Christ’s judgment seat. Bring to my mind the evil which I have done and the good which I have neglected. Grant me, moreover, heartfelt sorrow for my sins, and the grace of a sincere confession, so that I may be forgiven and brought into your everlasting friendship. Mary, my Mother, pray for me to make a good confession. (Hail Mary, 3 times)

…and holiness.

a suggestion from one of my very special friends who happens to be a priest.

Many of us have already responded with our ‘fiat’ and deep trust in the graces God promises to those who ask His help.

Maria
Excellent, and very difficult prayer to truly pray from the heart.

Les Richardson:
Excellent, and very difficult prayer to truly pray from the heart.
I agree, Les.

I always need to add, “But not all at once, Lord, ok?”

Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back