Newbie & Wow what a response to the last thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter knowgod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knowgod

Guest
I am brand new to this site and I’m floored. The first post I read was the last one about Sola Scriptura… wow! The way you all defended the Catholic faith so well… I’m so happy to see some many active Catholics.

You have to understand where I’m coming from, I’m a “cradle catholic” who spent that last 37 years thinking that I really believed, but actually not truly following the faith and God’s will. In the last year I’ve been pulled back to the faith and the Catholic Church in such a strong way (by more God than me…) It’s been a true grace from God, but there’ been one lingering problem in my mind, I kept thinking I’m coming back to a faith (Catholic) that has uninsipred followers or so I thought… Not on this forum!

I’m floored and ultimately humbled by your strong and inspired faith in the Catholic Chuch. I now have something to “work” up to…LOL
 
Welcome!!

Put on your body armour - this place is not for cry-babies, but yes, you will definitely learn a thing or two about this wonderful faith of ours, if you stick around! 👍
 
Welcome to the forums. Since you are a revert, you might want to share with us your journey back home. That would be great!

Thanks!
 
Welcome to the forums!! I know you will enjoy them. They really have some knowledgeable people on here and I have learned so much.
 
Welcome to the forum!

There is much here that will be exposed to you. These forums have been an enlightening journey for me, as well as many others. It has served to bring some Catholics closer to God, and has helped others convert to Catholicism.

Still others have become more entrenched in anti-catholic sentiment. But what they have found is what you have seen - these Catholics here are not so easy to knock over. And, with 2000 years of Catholic history, writings and theology, many arguments fail.

Stick around and take part. It promises to be an exciting adventure and learning experience.

Subrosa
 
I know EXACTLY where you are standing.
(even though I’m only 36, 😉 )

I ended up wondering why we do what we do and fell into a bunch of great apologetics material.

I have listened to and read many, but my favorites are Karl Keating and John Martignoni. John has tons of great material at the biblechristiansociety.com. Karl has THE text on defending your Catholic faith “Catholicism and Fundamentalism”.

catholic.com is THE resource for all things Catholic.
You are actually on catholic.com right now!

ewtn.com, go to libraries, audio libraries, search for ‘Journey Home’.
I have found that reading/listening to others journey’s to the Catholic faith (or back to) have helped to strengthen my own faith and knowledge.

enjoy the journey!!!

michel
give, expecting nothing thereof
 
From a felow “revert” Welcome Back Home!
Likewise, from me. To quote the words of the priest who heard my first confession in over 16 years “WELCOME BACK !!!”

Stick around and you will see (and learn) alot. Just remember, the Catholic Church is like a caged lion. We don’t have to defend it, all we have to do is open the door of the cage, and it will defend itself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top