Newman Center?

• Thread starter Thread starter Brain
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brain

students.washington.edu/uwnewman/
I am going to UW next year and i want to know about the orthodoxy of the on campus catholic church. Judguing by its placement, on campus that is, i doubt the orthodoxy by default. But its run by dominicans (OP?) so it cant be that bad right?
If not, is there another catholic church near UW (foot or bike distance) where i wont want to strangle the good father and explain to him that the mass is a public prayer and not his private rhetorical vehicle?

From my 3 year experience attending a Newman Center;

The Dominicans are the best preachers - great homiles!
The Centers seem to really inflame a passion in the College kids for faith - the ones who attend.
The theology was no so good - a lot of disagreement with Rome on issues and made very clear by the Religious and, Deacons and Priests.
Inclusive language was rampant in the Liturgy.
A lot of reved up music, mostly protestant stuff, with lots of clapping, hand waving, drums, banjos, and liturgical dancers.
Homilies occasionally given by female students dressed (?) in halters and short shorts.

40.png
catsrus:
From my 3 year experience attending a Newman Center;

The Dominicans are the best preachers - great homiles!
The Centers seem to really inflame a passion in the College kids for faith - the ones who attend.
The theology was no so good - a lot of disagreement with Rome on issues and made very clear by the Religious and, Deacons and Priests.
Inclusive language was rampant in the Liturgy.
A lot of reved up music, mostly protestant stuff, with lots of clapping, hand waving, drums, banjos, and liturgical dancers.
Homilies occasionally given by female students dressed (?) in halters and short shorts.
YIKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back