S
Sue_D_Num
Guest
Greetings all!
I am 25 years old and am going to be married in 2 months. I am a practicing Catholic and planned to use NFP (Creighton). I went to a new gynecologist for just a check up and gave him my history. Basically it is that I get a period every month that consistently lasts for about a week, but is very, very heavy two days out of the seven I also get cervical mucus (gross, but I guess this is the forum for it). I had attempted to do some tracking before my appointment and had been using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, which showed that I ovulated each month (normal low, high and peak days).
After hearing about my very heavy periods, my doctor decided to do some blood work. It turns out that my progesterone is low and two other hormones (FSH and LH, I think) are consistent with someone with PCOS (no, I do not have excessive hair growth or terrible acne. I am overweight 5’10" 200lbs but not obese). I go back to see him in two weeks. I spoke on the phone with the nurse and asked her if this would prevent me from having children. She said “no,” but that they need to regulate some things so I won’t have any issues.
I just found out about this today. I haven’t even told my fiance yet because he is at work (I will). I am very sad and scared. I want to have children very much and although I know the nurse said that it won’t stop me, I can’t help but be a pessimist.
Can anyone give me a positive outlook or words of encouragement? Has anyone ever heard of a case similar to mine?
I am 25 years old and am going to be married in 2 months. I am a practicing Catholic and planned to use NFP (Creighton). I went to a new gynecologist for just a check up and gave him my history. Basically it is that I get a period every month that consistently lasts for about a week, but is very, very heavy two days out of the seven I also get cervical mucus (gross, but I guess this is the forum for it). I had attempted to do some tracking before my appointment and had been using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, which showed that I ovulated each month (normal low, high and peak days).
After hearing about my very heavy periods, my doctor decided to do some blood work. It turns out that my progesterone is low and two other hormones (FSH and LH, I think) are consistent with someone with PCOS (no, I do not have excessive hair growth or terrible acne. I am overweight 5’10" 200lbs but not obese). I go back to see him in two weeks. I spoke on the phone with the nurse and asked her if this would prevent me from having children. She said “no,” but that they need to regulate some things so I won’t have any issues.
I just found out about this today. I haven’t even told my fiance yet because he is at work (I will). I am very sad and scared. I want to have children very much and although I know the nurse said that it won’t stop me, I can’t help but be a pessimist.
Can anyone give me a positive outlook or words of encouragement? Has anyone ever heard of a case similar to mine?