NFP for friend exploring the faith

  • Thread starter Thread starter Son_of_Jonah
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple to start with:

nfpsite.aldred.org/effect.php
nfpandmore.org/Effectiveness.shtml
ccli.org/nfp/effectiveness/compare-methods.php

Someone not very long ago posted some really great links…specific studies for each method of NFP and the effectiveness results. I’ll see if I can find it, but I don’t remember if it was in the Moral Theology or the Family Life forum. I know it was within the past couple months though, so that at least narrows down the search a bit.
Here it is! It’s a link that was within a thread (thank you nfpandme). Each result has a “Source” linked next to it that shows the respective study:

iusenfp.com/home/does-nfp-work/

Here’s another just for fun:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_family_planning
 
“If an egg does become fertilized, implantation on the wall of the uterus is prevented because copper changes the lining of the uterus.”

Yes, as I said, this CAN happen, but it is very rare. It certainly is not the primary way that these IUD’s work.
You realize, primary, secondary are completely irrelevant do too a couple facts:
  1. It can cause an abortion.
    2)Contraception is an intrinsic evil and as Catholics, ends never justify an intrinsically evil means.
In reality you need to stop derailing the thread because you have a bone to pick with Catholic Moral theology. Everyone knows Contraception is out there and if they not worried about moral ramifications of contraception they know how to find an OB/GYN what will gladly help them, without people like you jumping in every NFP thread to remind them its out there.
 
Here are a couple to start with:

nfpsite.aldred.org/effect.php
nfpandmore.org/Effectiveness.shtml
ccli.org/nfp/effectiveness/compare-methods.php

Someone not very long ago posted some really great links…specific studies for each method of NFP and the effectiveness results. I’ll see if I can find it, but I don’t remember if it was in the Moral Theology or the Family Life forum. I know it was within the past couple months though, so that at least narrows down the search a bit.
Perfect! I REALLY appreciate it. I think I can make some good use of this information, hopefully we can help him understand well enough that what we teach isn’t so far-fetched or evil 😃

Between this, and some prayer, I think this is a soul on his way home, so thanks again!

Simon Peter
 
Thank you for posting these. All 3 studies uphold the standard 98% effectiveness rating (citing roughly 2% failure for each).

OP,

Refer your friend to the Marquette Model if he insists that effective family planning should be high tech.

If he is environmentally conscious, you could also inform him that NFP doesn’t pollute waterways with hormones or have any waste.

If he’s a “prepper” (getting ready for the collapse of society), NFP doesn’t require any supplies to be stocked up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top