A
ALLGIRLS
Guest
Hi all.
First of all, I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, I didn’t do a very thorough search, I admit, because I’m just so tired!
Little background: my youngest child is 15 and half months old, we have 4 little ones (7, 5, 3, and 15 and half months) and right now have serious reasons for avoiding a pregnancy. We’ve been doing the STM, based on nfpandmore.com since my cycle returned (I breastfed) about 4 months ago (we originally (after the birth of our 7 y/o) did Creighton, but then for some reason my mucus changed and I couldn’t always figure it out). It started out fine, cross checking between my temps and mucus (I haven’t been able to figure out my cervix, it always feels the same to me). However, I recently had to take a night job at Taco Bell. So, 3 or 4 nights a week I don’t get to bed until around 4:30 a.m., and it takes awhile even then to wind down enough to fall asleep. My temps have been all over the place. I know I need at least 3 hours of sleep for it to be accurate, but I’m wondering if it’s possible for them to be accurate AT ALL? Even on the mornings after I get a full nights sleep? I’m asking because the night before last (Saturday), I didn’t work, got 8 hours of sleep, and Sunday morning my temp was up. However, I didn’t work last night, either, got 8 hours again, but this morning my temp was back down.
I was hoping I could just go on my temps taken the mornings after I sleep full night, but now I’m wondering if I need to find another method altogether? (Creighton would still be a no go, because my mucus is still confusing at times-and no, my instructor wasn’t able to help me on that-my experience wasn’t matching anything in the mucus instruction booklet).
Sorry this got so long and rampbling, but has anyone else successfully used STM while working parttime at night?
TIA
In Christ,
Ellen
First of all, I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, I didn’t do a very thorough search, I admit, because I’m just so tired!
Little background: my youngest child is 15 and half months old, we have 4 little ones (7, 5, 3, and 15 and half months) and right now have serious reasons for avoiding a pregnancy. We’ve been doing the STM, based on nfpandmore.com since my cycle returned (I breastfed) about 4 months ago (we originally (after the birth of our 7 y/o) did Creighton, but then for some reason my mucus changed and I couldn’t always figure it out). It started out fine, cross checking between my temps and mucus (I haven’t been able to figure out my cervix, it always feels the same to me). However, I recently had to take a night job at Taco Bell. So, 3 or 4 nights a week I don’t get to bed until around 4:30 a.m., and it takes awhile even then to wind down enough to fall asleep. My temps have been all over the place. I know I need at least 3 hours of sleep for it to be accurate, but I’m wondering if it’s possible for them to be accurate AT ALL? Even on the mornings after I get a full nights sleep? I’m asking because the night before last (Saturday), I didn’t work, got 8 hours of sleep, and Sunday morning my temp was up. However, I didn’t work last night, either, got 8 hours again, but this morning my temp was back down.
Sorry this got so long and rampbling, but has anyone else successfully used STM while working parttime at night?
TIA
In Christ,
Ellen