Nine First Fridays St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

• Thread starter Thread starter jmm08
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmm08

I’m in RCIA.

I want to go again tonight (First Friday). I went to the noontime service August 6th. And to the September 3 at 8 PM.

Questions:
**(1) **Can I get at least some of these graces if I go nine first fridays in a row (but I am not in full communion)? I suppose I can.
(2) Does the Friday noontime count even though they didn’t have Eucharistic Adoration?

Appearing to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Our Lord asked that, in reparation for the ingratitude of men, He be honored for His love under the emblem of His human heart. He made twelve specific promises of reward for such honor. In particular, “To those who will go to Communion on the First Friday of the month, during nine consecutive months, I promise the grace of final perseverance.”
– From the Maryknoll Missal, 1957 edition

1. *]I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
    *]I will establish peace in their houses.
    *]I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
    *]I will be their strength during life and above all during death.
    *]I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
    *]Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
    *]Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
    *]Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
    *]I will bless every place where a picture of My Heart shall be set up and honored.
    *]I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
    *]Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
    *]I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.

I am convinced that Eucharistic Adoration does do much in my soul. So I can’t be missing out entirely.

In part, my post is hopefully encouragement to others to go to First Friday Masses.

Of course graces will accrue to you if you attend First Friday devotions. But the full promise involves receiving Communion and making a confession within 8 days of each First Friday (somebody correct me if I am mistaken) – so you’ll have to wait until after you are received into the Church before you can fulfil your part of the bargain.

I’ve done it – I, too, began attending First Friday Masses long before I was confirmed.

Dear jmm

This is a lovely post, some time back I posted on this same subject, the twelve promises of Christ. Even if we are not able to make every first Mass in the month for nine months, the very act of consecrating your home to the Sacred Heart in this devotion is wonderful and personally I have done this.

sacredheartdevotion.com/

Here’s the site that explains all about the devotion to the Sacred heart and the twelve promises revealed to St Margaret Mary as well as the Eucharist for the first fridays of each month for nine months.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back