First and foremost keep on topic! If you want to deviate please go elsewhere!

:thumbsup:
Anyway I looked at everybodyâs advice and I am contemplating taking a break from dating while also working on various personal issues in an effort to improve myself as a person.
The problem is that all this seems very overwhelming

! One problem is that I donât know where to start on my personal life, but I think speaking with my spiritual director should help with that. There just seem to be a lot of issues for me to work on and I donât know how Iâll fix them all.
Another issue is with getting over the dating thing. I am not too fond of the idea of giving-up on dating for now but I can definitely see why it would be helpful. I just worry that Iâll end up still being single at 30 and having no luck at all. But whatâs bothersome is that I am having trouble still with feeling sad when I see beautiful women around me or when I see couples out on the town, etc. And ideas on dealing with this? On trying to ignore them and focus more on my task (coming closer to Christ)?
I could also use advice on being patient and trusting Christ more. Ideas?
Pax Tecum.
Hi LotusCars
I read through your previous thread and noticed that there were a few people suggesting you make certain changes. I would like to qualify this a little:
Working on oneself is something we ALL need to do as each and every one of us are far from perfect in our own particular ways. But donât become someone you are not in an effort to impress. Stay true to who YOU are! When you meet people (and potentially a future wife), it makes no sense to put on some form of improvised you. You need to present the REAL you from the moment of meeting that person. That way, you will know for sure that if a person takes a liking to you as a friend or as a potential partner, you KNOW that it is the real you they see good in.
There is far too much âartificialityâ in our world. Donât fall into the trap of becoming artificial yourself. Stay true to who you really are!
Personally I never met a ârightâ person for me until 2 years ago when I was 35. Within 8 months of meeting, we were married and I have never been happier. I now look back and realise that I wasnât ready to be married in my twenties or even early thirties. God knows things we often miss, and I am now SO grateful that I waited until my late thirties - or should I more accurately say, that God made me wait until my late thirties.
One other thing, there is a difference between âhappinessâ and âfulfillmentâ. When you see other couples together, often they will look happy and it will sadden you that you donât have this happiness in your life (right now). But happiness does not necessarily translate to fulfillment. Fulfillment is something much deeper and much more important - fulfillment is a deep inner peace of the soul, a sense of being completely happy with who YOU are, irrespective of the world and the circumstances around you. You seem to both understand and have the fortitude to stick with your faith, and recognise that, despite the fact that God seemingly has not answered your prayers (yet), God is still the means to your fulfillment in future. Let me tell you that in this day and age, if you can stick with God and stick to your faith with resilience, despite the fact that God, at times, seems not to be listening to you, you are nothing short of heroic! Right there, your fortitude in sticking to your faith shows an inner strength that one day a girl will recognise in you and will cherish!
Be proud of that inner strength you have - many people fall far shorter than you in their resilience!
Remember that God IS listening. God WILL reward your strength and fortitude in faith! I promise you this! You should be incredibly proud of your own strength of faith despite the hardships you are enduring. If you ever read up about the lives of the greatest saints that walked this earth, almost without exception they shared something in common: they SUFFERED tremendously in their own way, YET they stuck to their faith. And in doing this, whilst they may not have enjoyed much âhappinessâ, they were without doubt the most FULFILLED people on Godâs earth. You should read up about some of them - they really do provide incredible examples to us!
Stick to your faith no matter what. Be true to who you are and what you believe. And I promise you that Godâs rewards are waiting for you⌠just remember though⌠âin Godâs timeââŚ
Patrick