J
jlr247
Guest
Hello, I am in my early twenties, still in college and living at my parent’s house. I started seeing a good Catholic man about a month ago. He has briefly met my parents, but never for more than a couple of minutes at the door or in passing.
I didn’t really think anything of this, until I was eating lunch with a friend of mine who is also Catholic, who said it was “strange” or “unorthodox” for him to have not REALLY met my parents yet. I have really only been Catholic for just under 3 years, and I have never been in a Catholic relationship before, so I was going to ask you all for your opinions: should I be bringing him around to spend time with my parents?
I could understand doing so if my parents really cared to meet him, but they have not said so in the slightest. In my last pre-conversion relationship, my dad basically implied that he expected me to (and did not really care if I did) have sex (I did not, but it is the message I got from him). My mom generally never asks details about anything, and I don’t really spend much time with my parents at all. They work a lot of evenings and I am not at home much.
I don’t know, am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
I didn’t really think anything of this, until I was eating lunch with a friend of mine who is also Catholic, who said it was “strange” or “unorthodox” for him to have not REALLY met my parents yet. I have really only been Catholic for just under 3 years, and I have never been in a Catholic relationship before, so I was going to ask you all for your opinions: should I be bringing him around to spend time with my parents?
I could understand doing so if my parents really cared to meet him, but they have not said so in the slightest. In my last pre-conversion relationship, my dad basically implied that he expected me to (and did not really care if I did) have sex (I did not, but it is the message I got from him). My mom generally never asks details about anything, and I don’t really spend much time with my parents at all. They work a lot of evenings and I am not at home much.
I don’t know, am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!