Not Getting to Confession

• Thread starter Thread starter the_chops_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_chops_1

During this time of Corona Virus (C.O.V.I.D.-19). What happens to a person who has a mortal sin on his / hers’ soul, & there is “NO” Confession to get absolved at , because the churches are all closed ? Does this person go straight into HELL If They die before they get to do a Conffession? Just a Thought !!!
The Chops

Last edited:
There is still the option to make an act of perfect contrition, plus, if time allows, contacting the priest for emergency cases.

Call your parish to make an appointment and ask what schedule they have.

In our Diocese, all confessions will be held behind the screen. Offered daily.

At the Catholic High School, priests are available on the parking lot at set times.

Your Diocese likely has similar things in place.

Priests are out among their sheep, they are not walled up in the Rectory.

Find/schedule a confession, don’t commit mortal sin. These two things are not really all that hard.

You may want to edit your posts, your email signature is on it so we can see your email address and name.

In a spirit of genuine repentance pray an act of perfect contrition, Mike.
I also suggest praying a prayer of penance/atonement afterwards, i.e. Hail Mary, Our Father,…

God bless

Does this person go straight into HELL If They die before they get to do a Conffession?
The Church’s sacraments are an assurance for us provided by God. God though is not bound by his sacraments and is perfectly able to operate outside of them.
In this trying time when there are potentially no sacraments available to the faithful then in a spirit of repentance and atonement pray a Perfect Act of Contrition followed by prayers of penance.

At the bottom or your posts you’ll see the following symbol … (three dots) next to the heart/link/reply.
Click the 3 dots and further symbols will appear including one for a pencil.
Click the pencil and a pop up screen with your post will appear allowing you to edit/delete that portion of your post.
Click Save Edit when done.

It’s always easy to sin. However God is not a person who asks the impossible and refuses to aid us in following His commands and Will.

Then you should make an act of perfect contrition with the intention of going to confession at the first opportunity. That should cover you. God knows what is going on. He knows who doesn’t go to confession when there is an opportunity and who doesn’t.

I Like What you just said… Thank You.

What Is ** Perfect Contrition ?** I know the {Act of Contrition}, very well. I say it dozens of times a day during my prayer times.

I’m a Byzantine Catholic…

Mike Lashinsky

lashinsky1@verizon.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back