Not the "Son of Man"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Methos
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
but “the Human One,” according to the new Common English Bible :banghead: It doesn’t make sense. What? Did Jerusalem suddenly become an alien spaceport?

This one’s from USA Today

Who was the first man? I don’t know
Don’t worry about it. The Hebrew can be translated as “human one” (it is rendered “ser humano”, human being, in Spanish) as a way of emphasizing that our LORD is, in fact, human.

By so doing however, the translators lose connection with the Messianic prophecies in the OT.

ICXC NIKA
 
but “the Human One,” according to the new Common English Bible :banghead: It doesn’t make sense. What? Did Jerusalem suddenly become an alien spaceport?

This one’s from USA Today

Who was the first man? I don’t know
The translators of the CEB seem to intentionally break the link between Daniel 7 (where they use “a human being”) and the N.T., “human one” which is quite unfortunate–as it misses the entire point of the reference. If I’m picking up a Bible I usually go directly to Hosea 1:2 as a sort of litmus test. If the translation has “prostitute” then I know the translators are likely clueless and just copying from something else. But that’s just me.

Sometimes things you can get for free on the Internet are worth exactly what you paid for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top