Novena group - ok to pray alone if miss the meeting?

• Thread starter Thread starter Marie_Genevieve
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marie_Genevieve

Greetings all,

At my parish we are doing a nine-day novena praying the rosary followed by Benediction. It started Saturday evening and my schedule is such that I can attend all the nights but one. Is it ok if I pray the rosary on my own on that one night, or should I stop going if unable to attend all nine evening sessions? I am guessing that it is ok, but it still bothers me. I have found the first two evenings very moving and I want to continue to attend.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks!
mg

There’s no need to be scrupulous about missing one night. Do what you suggested–pray on your own the night you have to miss. Attend the evenings you are able to. God isn’t keeping some kind of score as to your perfect attendance or he won’t answer your prayers, you know. He knows your intentions and your limitations. So, don’t be harder on yourself than God himself. 😉

Marie Genevieve:
Is it ok if I pray the rosary on my own on that one night, or should I stop going if unable to attend all nine evening sessions?
You should definitely pray the rosary on your own that night- and please continute to go to the other sessions even if you cannot make it one night. God cares more about intentions than he does about the specifics. I fall into this sometimes too- when praying the rosary, I am a bit clumsy with the beads and often lose my place- I know there have been times when I’ve done a few extra Hail Mary’s- or haven’t done all of them- but the prayers are still good. It’s the intention that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back