Novenas Answered

• Thread starter Thread starter Madaglan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madaglan

Somewhat brought up novenas in another post. If you don’t know what a novena is, let me describe. A novena is a prayer that one says at least once a day for nine consecutive days. Oftentimes a novena is said to a saint, an angel, one of the roles of Mary (Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mary the Mother of God, Mary the Mother of Sorrows, etc.), or to one aspect of Jesus (Christ the King, Sacred Heart of Jesus, etc.)

In any case, I’ve been having some rough times the past few years. I’ve been praying them like crazy for my depression to go away and that things get better for me. It often seems, however, that my novenas are not as readily answered as I would hope. Now, I know that sometimes God holds out and does things later on for one’s own good. But a lot of times it seems like God doesn’t answer my prayer, which makes me sad. I’ve had somewhat interesting experiences in which I’d request to receive something to show that God and the saints are listening, and then something akin to what I requested would appear. One time I was really depressed and ran into someone right after finishing up a novena prayer.

Anyhow, could some of you tell me some of your positive experiences with doing novena prayers, and to whom you addressed those prayers? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back