Novus Ordo Baptism

• Thread starter Thread starter Fogny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice for traditionalists: Pray for “Novus Ordo” and God will resplve all problems.

Hello,

All things are possible with prayer but now people want more than just what used to be the norm.

It’s not the Novus Ordo per say, it’s the lack of reverence I perceive, but maybe I am just an old fogny.

Is having a great time at mass bad??

Can you Imagine Bishop Fulton Sheen doing the gospel dance.

I wonder what Jesus would think if he walked in?

Fogny

that place is terrible and hilarious. and that priest is such a dork. what’s was up with the candle bearer? he was dancing like Elaine Bennis… i can’t stop laughing.

the music sounds like the neocatecuminal way. i just dropped out of that thing and recognize the alleluia they are singing. also, the altar is more of a table just like the way. i wonder if that is what it is.

their website says it all:
“we are the body of christ at st. nicholas parish, evanaston, called to: gather for worship; celebrate our ethnic diversity… etc.” nickchurch.org/bulletins.html

The priest looks like the monkey from the Lion King presenting Simba (the baby) to the animal kingdom in the last baptism. That’s what it reminds me of anyway.

40.png
ktm:
God, please help these people.
Sure seems they’re into their celebrations. It had smells and bells. I’m not sure how much the celebrant spinning with the gospel book makes sense, but everyone’s focussing on what’s happening. Don’t like it? Don’t go.

John

John Higgins:
Sure seems they’re into their celebrations. It had smells and bells. I’m not sure how much the celebrant spinning with the gospel book makes sense, but everyone’s focussing on what’s happening. Don’t like it? Don’t go.
Have a blessed Sunday, John.

40.png
rwoehmke:
The church is dark and the congregation appears to be gathered around for the new fire start of the Easter Vigil Mass. Duh. 👍
Ahhh I see. Thanks for the explanation! 🙂

40.png
ktm:
God, please help these people.

Surely that was not a Catholic “Mass”, was it? Was that supposed to be a church?

And what in Heaven’s name is this (nickchurch.org/photos/ev5.jpg):

http://www.nickchurch.org/photos/ev5.jpg
Hi,

Check out this entire Church Architects website,all the different churchs.

St. Bernards has a design that combines the compass and cross,how neet,so Catholic.

churchbuilding.com/interactive/video/video_html/sb_walkthru.html

What’s wrong with these people?

40.png
EddieArent:
The priest looks like the monkey from the Lion King presenting Simba (the baby) to the animal kingdom in the last baptism. That’s what it reminds me of anyway.
Funny…I thought the same thing.😉

Hopefully we’ll soon find out that this parish has been playing a monumental prank on the surrounding community by convincing them that people who act like that can actually take themselves seriously.

40.png
Fogny:
Hi,

Check out this entire Church Architects website,all the different churchs.

St. Bernards has a design that combines the compass and cross,how neet,so Catholic.

churchbuilding.com/interactive/video/video_html/sb_walkthru.html

What’s wrong with these people?
It’s the Blessing of the New Fire at the start of the Easter Vigil. There are some nuns in full habit there to the right. What objection, pray tell, could a traditionalist have to this? I belive it was done in the early church, but that may only be what those evil, wicked, NO priests (who revel in the smoke of Satan) told me!

40.png
JKirkLVNV:
It’s the Blessing of the New Fire at the start of the Easter Vigil. There are some nuns in full habit there to the right. What objection, pray tell, could a traditionalist have to this? I belive it was done in the early church, but that may only be what those evil, wicked, NO priests (who revel in the smoke of Satan) told me!
Well, it appears that all the people there have their hands raised to emulate the priest as he blesses the fire. I’ve seen that done before, but I don’t get it. The laity do not have those sorts of abilities, so what’s the point?

These pictures seem to pop up on forums like this from time to time. I keep meaning to get over to St. Nick’s just to check it out in person and see what’s up on an average Sunday so I can respond more inteligenty when they do.

Really, it seems to me that this tape is all from an Easter Vigil celebration. Did they get a bit excited (particularly at the Alleluia) and celebratory, joyous over Christ’s Resurrection? Of course! Did it go overboard? Well sure. But can they be forgiven for being so happy about our salvation and new life in Christ? I think so. Even at some of the more conservative parishes, the liturgists occasionally take over when Easter Vigil roles around and decide to make a big production out of it.

Now does it appear that this parish is, perhaps, left leaning? Yeah, from the looks of it. But I’m not sure what that proves other than it’s the way one parish has been led.

40.png
amasimp:
Well, it appears that all the people there have their hands raised to emulate the priest as he blesses the fire. I’ve seen that done before, but I don’t get it. The laity do not have those sorts of abilities, so what’s the point?
Maybe their hands were cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back