T
T.A.Stobie_SFO
Guest
Ocean of Divine Mercy
I see the great vast ocean filled with divine mercy,
Spanning endlessly far farther than I can ever see,
A mercy so deep from a heart filled with love abundantly
The great unlimited mercy of our loving God unceasingly.
I see my own sins as a great ugly sore disgusting and bleeding,
Oozing in putrid juices and keeping me from Heaven proceeding.
I am unworthy to be in or even near God’s perfect holy presence,
My sinfulness driving a wedge between us says my true conscience.
I recognize my sins for the great injurious harm that they do,
That they gravely hurt those around me and my inner self too.
But most of all, they hurt my relationship with my Lord and Master,
Offending Him with my failure to love others and Him, a major disaster.
I humble myself and approach the immense ocean of divine mercy,
with a heart filled with deep regret and make my most urgent plea,
“Forgive me, Great Lord, for all the wrong to any that I done,
Grant me the mercy Your painful dying on the cross has won.“
I wade into the immaculate ocean crushed by my sins’ great burden.
The warm waters soothe and cleanse me both outside and within.
I feel the wounds healed and my spirit renewed by God’s love,
As my God remakes me in His perfect image from Heaven above.
The magnificent ocean of God’s unlimited mercy is available for all,
For each and every sinner, no matter the sin, great, medium, or small.
All that is needed is a humble repentant heart to cry out with sincerity
“I am sorry, Lord. I will do better. Please, O Merciful Lord, forgive me.”
Copyright - 2015 - Thomas A. Stobie, SFO - Permission to copy granted for personal use.
I see the great vast ocean filled with divine mercy,
Spanning endlessly far farther than I can ever see,
A mercy so deep from a heart filled with love abundantly
The great unlimited mercy of our loving God unceasingly.
I see my own sins as a great ugly sore disgusting and bleeding,
Oozing in putrid juices and keeping me from Heaven proceeding.
I am unworthy to be in or even near God’s perfect holy presence,
My sinfulness driving a wedge between us says my true conscience.
I recognize my sins for the great injurious harm that they do,
That they gravely hurt those around me and my inner self too.
But most of all, they hurt my relationship with my Lord and Master,
Offending Him with my failure to love others and Him, a major disaster.
I humble myself and approach the immense ocean of divine mercy,
with a heart filled with deep regret and make my most urgent plea,
“Forgive me, Great Lord, for all the wrong to any that I done,
Grant me the mercy Your painful dying on the cross has won.“
I wade into the immaculate ocean crushed by my sins’ great burden.
The warm waters soothe and cleanse me both outside and within.
I feel the wounds healed and my spirit renewed by God’s love,
As my God remakes me in His perfect image from Heaven above.
The magnificent ocean of God’s unlimited mercy is available for all,
For each and every sinner, no matter the sin, great, medium, or small.
All that is needed is a humble repentant heart to cry out with sincerity
“I am sorry, Lord. I will do better. Please, O Merciful Lord, forgive me.”
Copyright - 2015 - Thomas A. Stobie, SFO - Permission to copy granted for personal use.