Offer up something (for)

• Thread starter Thread starter Grace_and_Glory
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grace_and_Glory

I’m sorry if this ends up sounding like a dumb question, but it’s something I’ve been wondering about.
During the past year, I’ve found myself offering up a lot. Before I work, I often tell God that I offer my work up for Him. When I’m sad, I offer Him my sorrow. When I’m happy, I offer Him my joy.
My question is about the usefulness or benefit of this, because I rarely offer something up for an intention. I just give it to God. Someone told me that I should start offering up things for a specific intention because God will do more with it that way. I always kind of figured that what I gave to Him, He would apply as He chose. Part of my problem is that there are so many things to pray for that I can’t choose just one intention. I tried it for a while, but I eventually reverted back to offering it up without doing it for any specific intention.
I know that there’s nothing wrong with offering up something to God, but should I be offering it up with an intention so that it will be more effective, or is there some value in just offering something to God?

I don’t see a problem either way. There is a temporal punishment that we believe comes to us as the result of sin. Offering up the difficult things in our lives could possibly help in regards to this. The Old Testament is very clear that nothing unclean will ever come before God. Some like to Offer Up for the souls of those who have gone before us that might also need cleansing.

Dear friend

How beautiful you offer up in the way you do to God. You are offering up in full trust of His Holy Will, He will use them to your good and to the good of who ever He Wills to use them. You may offer as you have said for a specific intention, but this doesn’t mean God will make more use of them, I don’t see as we can limit God this way.

If you are peaceful offering up they way you do then this is a good indication that this is God’s Will for you. Personally I love the way you are offering up in such trust of God’s Providence for yourself and all humanity. I think it is beautiful.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back