M
Mikulas_Niece
Guest
Background -
I am a military & political blogger. I have a facebook page in which I post most of the stories I blog about. I recently became a Catholic Blogger as well, rounding out my beliefs in most of the stories I report on. The problem is this:
I have a few (5) family members (out of 253 friends & family) who do not share the same opinion as I in regards to ANYTHING I write about. Be it political (I’m Not fond of President Obama) to Military personal views on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the huge GOOD strides they have been making in their efforts. Also, I have been commenting on the situation regarding Abortion in the HC Bill and my not supporting it and why along with what is going on regarding the Homosexual community in Washington DC and the effects to the Catholic organizations.
It got to the point where no matter what I would put on my fb page, they would have a problem with it and post snarky responses and the last straw was my niece telling me to shove my religion “Someplace” and my sister backing up her daughter. I decided to delete the 5 family members from my friend list because the problems just became to great to deal with anymore. It was very embarrassing at times to read what they were writing.
I felt miserable having to delete them. It hurt to do it but after several times of telling them that I was not posting for them, but for what I do, and not getting anywhere, I felt it was my only option.
Today, I sent a request to the family members asking for forgiveness for deleting them and asked them to forgive me for doing so. After seeing a few comments on others pages, I’m not sure they are so forgiving.
**My question is: **What does Jesus say in regards to asking for forgiveness and it not being granted by the people you ask forgiveness from?
I love everyone in my family and hold them, no matter their feelings about me or anything I write about, in my heart. I pray for them always.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I am a military & political blogger. I have a facebook page in which I post most of the stories I blog about. I recently became a Catholic Blogger as well, rounding out my beliefs in most of the stories I report on. The problem is this:
I have a few (5) family members (out of 253 friends & family) who do not share the same opinion as I in regards to ANYTHING I write about. Be it political (I’m Not fond of President Obama) to Military personal views on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the huge GOOD strides they have been making in their efforts. Also, I have been commenting on the situation regarding Abortion in the HC Bill and my not supporting it and why along with what is going on regarding the Homosexual community in Washington DC and the effects to the Catholic organizations.
It got to the point where no matter what I would put on my fb page, they would have a problem with it and post snarky responses and the last straw was my niece telling me to shove my religion “Someplace” and my sister backing up her daughter. I decided to delete the 5 family members from my friend list because the problems just became to great to deal with anymore. It was very embarrassing at times to read what they were writing.
I felt miserable having to delete them. It hurt to do it but after several times of telling them that I was not posting for them, but for what I do, and not getting anywhere, I felt it was my only option.
Today, I sent a request to the family members asking for forgiveness for deleting them and asked them to forgive me for doing so. After seeing a few comments on others pages, I’m not sure they are so forgiving.
**My question is: **What does Jesus say in regards to asking for forgiveness and it not being granted by the people you ask forgiveness from?
I love everyone in my family and hold them, no matter their feelings about me or anything I write about, in my heart. I pray for them always.
Any advice would be appreciated.