Offering divinity of christ to father

  • Thread starter Thread starter Merrick
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Merrick

Guest
The Eternal Father Prayer in the Chaplet of Divine Mercy reads: Eternal Father, I offer thee the body and blood, soul and divinity of thy dearly beloved Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

How can the divinity of Christ be offered to the Father since the divinity is shared by all persons of the Holy Trinity? Doesn’t it also imply that the divinity of Christ suffered since it is offered up in atonement for sins?

I’d like to understand this. Thanks.
 
I think it may be that there can be no atonement without the participation of the divinity of Jesus. It is only through, with and in Him we are able to make the offering at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top