"Offering it up"?

• Thread starter Thread starter seeker63
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seeker63

I’ve encountered this phrase a lot on this board, especially as a means of dealing with problems, but what does it mean? Just praying or something else?

It means offering your suffering to God. That is, instead of seeing the suffering as a cause for complaint, you rejoice in the suffering because you endure it patiently for His sake.

Scott

Using your suffering by joining it with Jesus’ as a sacrifice for whatever intention you are praying for. Sometimes I offer up the endless loads of laundry I ‘endure’ for whatever I may be praying for that day…

“Offering up” my faults, failings and brokeness by uniting them with those sufferings of our Lord on the Cross is a tremendous way of humility for me… knowing that if I can’t “get over myself” at least I can do something positive … “take this Lord and make something good out of it”…

There is an old Irish saying “Put it on the Paten”. At the Offertory, before the Consecration, the priest raises the host on the paten and offers it to god as a sacrifice. That is the time to [mentally] put all our woes and problems on the paten and offer them as a part of our sacrifice.

No-one suffers unless God our Father allows it, God NEVER causes anything harmful to us, He never gives a suffering, He is all good and all love and a hair wouldn’t fall from our heads unless He allowed it. Our suffering is born out of this world which ever way this suffering comes, whether you are tormented by evil, whether you are physically pained etc, this is NOT God’s doing, but He allows it, and He allows it for the specific Glory of Himself and the Holy Trinity, for the sake of humanity and the world as a whole, that is why dearest friend, every suffering when offered up to Him is the bathed in Christ’s blood and Glorified before the Lord, the light of God shines upon it and His mercy floods into it, everything is easier to bear if it is taken into the Father’s hands and placed in His Sons Sacred Heart within the Eucharist especially, then it is redeemed in God and your suffering is then glorified and made Holy. Not only this, but when you suffer your so loving and merciful Father is in His sensitive heart pained for you, He wants you to offer this suffering to Him so His hand may work within it, sweep it up and either help you bear it or take it from you.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you all xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back