Ok to buy from theses sites?

• Thread starter Thread starter Madia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Madia:
I don’t think that the water they have has been blessed, though it is missleading to call it holy water.

I don’t think that the water they have has been blessed, though it is missleading to call it holy water.
I emailed them and they said it wasn’t blessed.

Anyone know if there is anything wrong with buying from sites that also sell Church goods to the public?

These sites are selling to parishes and not just us lay folk.

The hosts aren’t blessed, these are the one parishes use to be consecrated.

I don’t understand your problem with them. I buy from www.Automcatholic.com and have gotten a lovely advent wreath and candles. I also buy the oxydized medals and sew them on zipper pulls on purses, coats, lunch bags, book bags, etc. While I know not everyone approves of my use of sacramentals that way, I know that my son has the reminders to pray and call upon the Saints to pray for him. He is seven and tells about it sometimes.

I know they sell unconsecrated hosts at Autom, but I don’t see a problem with buying books or other things that help my faith life. It isn’t like those Ebay things where people try to sell conscrated hosts as memorbilia.

The only Holy Water that is sold by Autom is in some of the Rosaries where water from Lourdes is included with a medal.

I have a small plastic bottle from a Catholic store that probably cost a buck that says “Holy Water” on the outside. I take it to Church and fill it from the Baptismal font. Other churches have special receptacles with a spiggot that you can get holy water from. Why buy it?

40.png
Madia:
I emailed them and they said it wasn’t blessed.

Anyone know if there is anything wrong with buying from sites that also sell Church goods to the public?
Reminds me of dehydrated hot water - just add water and heat. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back