On alleged apparitions to Rita Ring?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mary_Donahue
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary_Donahue

I am looking for info from the Church in her diocese ,her Bishop…
have the faithful been discouraged from attending ?
Also on Father Carter SJ her directot.

Thanks for the info

The Shepards of Christ have a website www.sofc.org.

Fr. Carter is a deceased Jesuit priest. I think he taught Theology in Ohio.

My mom is deeply involved in the Shepards of Christ. I have only see good fruit in her life. Their mission is to pray for priests, and promote the rosary. Mom is convinced the Rita Ring is an authentic visionary.

As far as the messages go, they seem pretty generic to me. However, the group is orthodox and faithful to the Church. They do seem to attract very prayerful and orthodox Catholics. In my judgement the messages may be more pious imagination; however, I have never seen anything contrary to the Faith.

I can’t speak to the Church’s position, but I believe they have imprimaturs on all their publications.

apparitions.org, which tracks such things and tells which are approved by the Church, just has a link to the Shepherds of Christ website, and posts a letter from the bishop of Cincinnati, saying he has no knowledge of Rita Ring or her alleged “letters” received from Christ. Until the bishop of her diocese (Cincinnati) investigates and makes a judgement, there is no basis to believe in her messages. If they are valid, they are private revelation, not binding on anyone. They are not valid unless and until the bishop declares they are valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back