Once you've prayed a Novena and

• Thread starter Thread starter nobody
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nobody

there is no “answer”, or you didn’t see the answer somehow, do you pray more for the same intention, or accept the non-answer as the will of God that you just don’t get to know right now?

Your prayers will be answered in God’s time and in God’s way. It just might be different than what you were looking for. So, keep praying!

St. Monica prayed for years and years for her son, who was away from the Church and living in sin. God did eventually answer her prayers. Her son? St. Augustine!

40.png
Didi:
Your prayers will be answered in God’s time and in God’s way!
You can say that again! I was just 3 days into the Novena to The Holy Spirit and got my answer !

Thank you for your reply, DiDi.

I am hoping you will put up with more of my questions:

If my prayer will be answered in God’s time, so why keep praying? Will I offend St. Therese by praying more? Is it like I’m saying, “you didn’t answer my prayer, so I’m going to another saint, or over your head.”?

We keep praying because prayer is conversation with God! He wants us to share everything with Him – even our disappointments with prayers not being answered as we hoped!

When we ask the saints for their help and intercession, remember we are talking to our brothers and sisters. They, too, care deeply about us and remember the difficulty of our spiritual journey here on earth. They long to help us as well.

There are no prayers that are wasted. If the prayer has already been answered (for example, if you’re praying for someone’s conversion or for the release of a soul from purgatory), those prayers and intentions will be passed on to whoever needs them. You can’t outgive God!

We have to remember that God is outside of our idea of time, so He knows we are dealing with that restriction. I believe our perseverance, our faithfullness in prayer, and the relationship that is built through prayer are all very important.

St. Padre Pio was one day praying for a dead relative, of whom he had already received confirmation of this person’s release from purgatory. So, naturally the friend asked Padre Pio why he continued to pray for this relative. Padre Pio answered – their soul was released because God knew all the prayers that would be uttered from my lips until the day I die.

Sometimes I have periods where my prayers seem so dry and not very geniune. When I confessed this to my pastor, he said that God appreciates these prayers even more, because they are being done out of obedience and perseverance; not because we “feel” like it or we feel like we receive any benefit from it. The saints have also had these experiences.

Hope this helps!

Yes, DiDi, that helps.

The prayer may have already been answered - in the future. I need to be reminded of that. I just get so tired…Speaking of tired, I need to go to sleep. Good night.

I have a cycle of novenas that I say. I continue them again as soon as I finish them. I figure it is the continuing dialogue with God and to some Saints in heaven. It feels good to be telling the right place about my needs. I have some interesting stories about how things were finally answered. I have learned to trust that the right thing will happen. Yes, I am still impatient too, but I do know that my prayers will be answered in the best way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back