OP sisters with apostolate in apologetics?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lady_Cygnus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady_Cygnus

Has anyone here heard of a group of dominican sisters who have an apostolate in apologetics? I have a strong desire to be a dominican and also love apologetics, so I’ve been searching for a group that would combine both.

I’ve been looking around and since I suppose teaching counts both the Nashville and Ann Arbor Dominicans fall in this category. I’m just wondering if anyone knows of another community that also does apologetic work, although if there are only two that makes my discernment process a lot easier 😃

In what context would they do apologetics work? As preachers, Dominicans can certainly teach the truths of the faith, even in rebuttal, but could you explain how they would engage in aplogetics work aside from, perhaps, teaching “why” we believe what we do? I’m kinda’ interested in this idea of an apologetics apostolate among religious. :cool:

In what context would they do apologetics work? As preachers, Dominicans can certainly teach the truths of the faith, even in rebuttal, but could you explain how they would engage in aplogetics work aside from, perhaps, teaching “why” we believe what we do? I’m kinda’ interested in this idea of an apologetics apostolate among religious. :cool:
I’m not particularly sure, which is why I posted the question. I know I like defending the catholic faith and although I’ve only done this in an informal setting (online forums), it is something I would like to continue doing. I know other ways of doing apologetic works include radio programs, magazines/newsletters (like This Rock) and debates. I was just wondering if anyone knew of other groups who might do this kind of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back