Opus Dei

• Thread starter Thread starter snowman10
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowman10

I am sure it has been posted before but I cannot find a good thread so I might as well just ask it.

What is Opus Dei?
Is it bad or good?

Thanks a ton!

DU

I don’t know to much about Opus Dei but what I do know is that their founder is a Saint…St. Josemaria Escriva.

40.png
snowman10:
I am sure it has been posted before but I cannot find a good thread so I might as well just ask it.

What is Opus Dei?
Is it bad or good?

Thanks a ton!

DU
Here is the Official site:
opusdei.com/
Here is another site of FAQ:
interbit.com/blogger/OpusDeiFAQ.html#q24
There are some really good threads on the subject but I can’t access them right now.
Oh and BTW, It’s Good!👍

p.s. Here is a thread I just found:forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=48562

Hugh Hewitt, who has been curious about O.D. because of the bad press they get, recently a hit piece in the LA Times, and in The Da Vinci Code, had a priest and lay person of O.Dei on the other afternoon. Interesting to have a Protestent inquire.

Opus Dei is all good. While I am not a member, I have been to some of their evenings of reflection. Fantastic stuff.

Opus Dei is great. :dancing:

Going on an Opus Dei retreat when I got to college was what kept me from leaving the Church-- I’d had terrible formation through all years in Catholic schools. I realized I didn’t understand or believe what the Church taught, felt like a fraud for still showing up at Mass every week, and decided I was either going to sort things out to my satisfaction or leave. Well, thanks be to God, He put me in contact with Opus Dei. I made a great retreat, got hit with the “Holy 2x4” 🙂 and have embraced my faith wholeheartedly.

Besides visiting the actual Opus Dei website at www.opusdei.org, you can also get a really good feel for the spirit of it by reading St. Josemaria’s writings. All of his published material is available to read, free, on-line at www.escrivaworks.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back