Our Lady of All Nations

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueRain
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueRain

I just watched this on EWTN. They were talking about the Marian apparitions. I never heard of Our Lady of All Nations. I’m looking up some information about her now, but I was wondering what everyone else thinks and if they know of her.

40.png
BlueRain:
I just watched this on EWTN. They were talking about the Marian apparitions. I never heard of Our Lady of All Nations. I’m looking up some information about her now, but I was wondering what everyone else thinks and if they know of her.
Yes heard of it years ago, I’m not into this really, I have a problem with the prayer, “who once was Mary” I get bad vibes from it, then again that’s just me being extra cautious.

I don’t follow it, and just stick, to Mass, Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Eucharistic Adoration, I have more than enough with those, and I don’t need deviations along the way.

Like I said I’ve read up on it, but it doesn’t do anything for me, and personally it’s not something I want to follow.

I just get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about it. :confused:

CCC 67** Throughout the ages, there have been so-called “private” revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ’s definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the Magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church.
Christian faith cannot accept “revelations” that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such “revelations”.**

I saw on one website that local Bishop’s approval had been given but I haven’t seen anything about full Church approval being given. I thought that if the local Bishop approves it then it is escalated to Rome for further investigation.

40.png
Madia:
Here’s a link that might be of interest:

ewtn.com/expert/answers/our_lady_of_all_nations.htm
That’s interesting but that still seems to be at local level and not Rome.
Its my understanding that any apparitions ruled at local level as disapproved go no further and therefore such a disapproval is final with requiring comment from Rome but I thought when approval is given at local level by the bishops the next stage is that Rome gets involved to further investigate and either disapprove or give the final approval.
What I would like to know Rome has given its approval or not.

Oh I thought that Rome had approved it by now. I also have the same problem with that prayer part and a website gives an explanation but it still is kinda uncomfortable to say it.

Here’s a helpful site:
apparitions.org/

My take is this: While one isn’t required to believe in private revelations it seems wrong to ignore those (such as Fatima, Lourdes, etc.) which have been given full Church approval. What someone is basically saying by rejecting those is that they know better than the Church.

For those under review by the Church (such as Our Lady of All Nations) it might be best for those to ignore it (unless they’re well versed in the Faith) until the Church gives it’s approval. Of course if someone such as Cardinal Ratzinger approves an apparition (such as he did with Akita) I would feel fairly safe reading about it. For others though I’d wait for full Church approval. Our Lady obviouslly knows when the Church is going to approve it so I imagine She plans her apperances so that the messages that She wishes to spread at a certain time will be spread then. Besides, if the people paid attention to the message of Fatima, Lourdes, etc. would She still be appearing?

Those apparitions that are condemned (Bayside, etc.) should be avoided like the plague by us laymen.

40.png
Eireann:
Yes heard of it years ago, I’m not into this really, I have a problem with the prayer, “who once was Mary” I get bad vibes from it, then again that’s just me being extra cautious.
I did too, but I guess that it can be understood in a literary sense: it’s the same woman now as then, Mary then and Mary now.

I wonder if someone with an understanding of Dutch could try the original, exact words?

:blessyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back