Our Lady of Mental Peace?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christy_Beth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christy_Beth

Guest
I have the prayer card, and the medal. But I’m lacking all other information about this. I’ve looked and looked on the intenet, but found nothing. Can somenoe help me out here? :confused:
 
Could it be Lady of Soufanieh? (Apparition approved by Catholic and Orthodox bishops)

soufanieh.com/menuenglish.htm

Our Lady appeared to Myrna Nazzour in 1990 in Syria, and she asks, through Myrna, to pray for peace. Myrna lives a few blocks away from where Saint Paul had received visions of Jesus. Myrna has received several messages not only from Our Lady but also from Jesus. Her hands ooze oil, especially when Catholic and Orthodox Easter celebrations are united and experiences ecstasies and stigmata.

Edit- sorry just realized that you meant “mental peace” not peace in general.
 
I have the prayer card, and the medal. But I’m lacking all other information about this. I’ve looked and looked on the intenet, but found nothing. Can somenoe help me out here? :confused:
St. Dymphna is the st of mental disorders.
 
St. Dymphna is the st of mental disorders.
I know that, but I have found a prayer specifically for Our Lady of Mental Peace. But I can’t find any info about it. And it’s driving me nuts!! 🤷
 
Hi. My 19 year old son is Autistic…would St. Dymphna a be a good saint to represent Autistic individuals? I’ve been making pleas to St.Jude (lost causes!! Sorry, I tend to use alot of prayers and humor trying to care for my guy here. Whatever gets us through it! Lol!) but seriously, it would be so cool to have a saint just for Autistics…any thoughts? I’m new here, so I hope I posted this right…:o
 
Dear God,
Have mercy on us and send us a cure for autism. It’s terrible to be unable to communicate, to socialize… you have made us such social beings. Give peace and comfort to families who are dealing with autism on a daily basis. Show us how to pray and what to ask for. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
 
Hi. My 19 year old son is Autistic…would St. Dymphna a be a good saint to represent Autistic individuals? I’ve been making pleas to St.Jude (lost causes!! Sorry, I tend to use alot of prayers and humor trying to care for my guy here. Whatever gets us through it! Lol!) but seriously, it would be so cool to have a saint just for Autistics…any thoughts? I’m new here, so I hope I posted this right…:o
I believe Saint Philomena is another saint folks pray to for children with autism and Asperger’s syndrome.
 
Oh Bless you Petra! Thanks so much for your prayers 🙂 Bless you! Thanks to all for your help and guidance. Much love and Aloha 😉
 
I found this prayer to Saint Vitus that I might use:

Novena in Honor of St. Vitus

Preparatory Prayer the Novena

ALMIGHTY and eternal God! With lively faith and reverently worshiping Thy Divine Majesty, I prostrate myself before Thee and invoke with filial trust Thy supreme bounty and mercy. Illumine the darkness of my intellect with a ray of Thy Heavenly light and inflame my heart with the fire of Thy Divine love, that I may contemplate the great virtues and merits of the Saint in whose honor I make this novena, and following his example imitate, like him, the life of Thy Divine Son.

Moreover, I beseech Thee to grant graciously, through the merits and intercession of this powerful Helper, the petition which through him I humbly place before Thee, devoutly saying, “Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.” Vouchsafe graciously to hear it, if it redounds to Thy greater glory and to the salvation of my soul. Amen.

Prayer in Honor of St. Vitus

GRANT US, O God, through the intercession of St. Vitus, a due estimation of the value of our soul and of its redemption by the precious blood of Thy Son Jesus Christ; so that, for its salvation, we bear all trials with fortitude. Give this Thy youthful servant and heroic martyr as a guide and protector to Christian youths, that following his example they may after a victorious combat receive the crown of justice in Heaven.
Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Invocation of St. Vitus

ST. VITUS, glorious Martyr of Christ; in thy youth thou wast exposed to violent and dangerous temptations, but in the fear of God and for the love of Jesus thou didst victoriously overcome them. O amiable, holy youth, I implore thee by the love of Jesus, assist me with thy powerful intercession to overcome the temptations to evil, to avoid every occasion of sin, and thus to preserve spotless the robe of innocence and sanctifying grace, and to bring it unstained to the judgment-seat of Jesus Christ, that I may forever enjoy the Beatific Vision of God which is promised to the pure of heart. Amen.

Prayer

My Lord and God! I offer up to Thee my petition in union with the bitter passion and death of Jesus Christ, Thy Son, together with the merits of His immaculate and blessed Mother, Mary ever virgin, and of all the Saints, particularly with those of the holy Helper in whose honor I make this novena.

Look down upon me, merciful Lord! Grant me Thy grace and Thy love, and graciously hear my prayer. Amen.

from catholictradition.org/Saints/saints6-8.htm
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top