Our mothers and the Blessed Mother

• Thread starter Thread starter padraig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

padraig

I think our mothers can show us the face of the Blessed mother in their lives and examples. It must be very hard to find a deep love and devotion to Our Lady unless our own mothers have shown us Her Blessed face in their own lives.

My mother had ten children, one of my brothers, Colm was very troublesome even from a very young age, As a baby he used to scream a lot and even as a toddler used to go into great rages. My mother was often treking of to school to see the teachers about him and as he grew older she used to walk the streets at night seeking him when he was drunk.
Eventually when he was in prison she used to go up and see him every week and eventually when he was dying in hospital she visited him at least once a day. I will never forget the look of deep concern that used to cross her face when ever anyone mentioned his name.

One time one of my sisters complained at the huge amount of time my mother spent on Colm, far, far more than any she spent on the rest of us. My mother was surprised at the question.
‘But Colm needs me more than you do,’ she said, ‘If you needed me more then I would be with you more’.
The perfect answer. As Our Lord said what shepherd would not leave the 99 sheep to seek the single lost one?

I have often thought of Our Lady then as a mother for sinners. That she has special time for the black sheep and she walks the streets at night, just like my poor mother, visiting the prisons and hospitals, loving and searching, loving and searching, being a good mother for lost sons.:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back