Padre Pio

• Thread starter Thread starter Marysgirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marysgirl

Do you know of any blogs or forums for friends of Padre Pio? I’m not aware of a Padre Pio prayer group in my area. I know he is very loved and thought someone here might be able to direct me.

You can actually hear his voice on that website. But, you have to understand Italian.

Deacon Tony

No i don’t, but i am reading a book about him right now… *Meet Padre Pio *by Patricia Treece…it is really interesting and i recomend that you read it.

He’s one of my favorite (soon to be) saints. I never heard about him until I was asked to usher a mass in his honor at Our Lady’s Shrine in DC. Then I read about his remarkabe life and all the miracles surrounding him in a couple of books.

He is a hero for us all, a modern day saint as he only passed away around 1960. He lived 50 years with the stigmata, which disappeared on the day or day after he died. Miracles abound around holy people (or some holy people, as Mother Teresa is not known to have been associated with many miracles -at least not many that were written about- no knock on her)

He had some bouts with demons or the devil, in which he was physically knocked around the room. He was known to be in present in more than one location at a time (bi-location). He bought a child back to life. He could read the inner feelings or thoughts of sinners who were trying to be evasive during confessions.

He was probably the closest to being a modern day prophet or apostle. No one I’ve heard about even comes near as far as being a mystic and miracle worker.

wc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back