padre pio

• Thread starter Thread starter jillisamarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jillisamarie

How many of you know that padre pio could read minds. He was a Saint. What do you think was the limits of his mind reading abilities were? Were they just for reading someones state of soul? Anyone know a web site on padre pio with this information on it?

I don’t think it was necessarily an ability to read minds as much as it was God allowing him to see the truth about what some people needed to be corrected on. Remember the gifts which the saints had were not for themselves, but rather to draw others either to belief or a closer relationship to God.

In my opinion, I think the only minds he could read were the ones God allowed him to see, and then only those things which God wanted him to act upon.

There are so many wonderful books on Padre Pio.

Just a short story of the miracle I had from Padre Pio.
When I was a child about 40 years ago I had a small medal with a relic pinned on my uniform. I never thought much of it being a child.
When I was about 30 I read a wonderful book about Padre Pio bilocating and his ability to read the soul.
I called my mom and asked her for my relic. (Now my mother had a lot of children and had moved since then from a house with 6 bedrooms to a two bedroom house.
Of course my mother laughed at me, asking me how in the world I could expect her to still have the medal.
The day after my mother died I found the medal on the seat of my car. I knew it was a gift from my mother.

40.png
jillisamarie:
How many of you know that padre pio could read minds. He was a Saint. What do you think was the limits of his mind reading abilities were? Were they just for reading someones state of soul? Anyone know a web site on padre pio with this information on it?
There is a story about Padre Pio where two people who were masons figured they were going to mock the sacrament of penance and Padre Pio. One day they went to confession with Padre Pio and made up a bunch of sins. Padre stoped them in the middle and told them all their actual sins and when they committed them. The two men left and came back a few days later and made a true confession.

40.png
Toni:
There are so many wonderful books on Padre Pio.

Just a short story of the miracle I had from Padre Pio.
When I was a child about 40 years ago I had a small medal with a relic pinned on my uniform. I never thought much of it being a child.
When I was about 30 I read a wonderful book about Padre Pio bilocating and his ability to read the soul.
I called my mom and asked her for my relic. (Now my mother had a lot of children and had moved since then from a house with 6 bedrooms to a two bedroom house.
Of course my mother laughed at me, asking me how in the world I could expect her to still have the medal.
The day after my mother died I found the medal on the seat of my car. I knew it was a gift from my mother.
Toni -

WOW! My son has chosen (or was chosen by) St. Padre Pio for his Confirmation - he has been reading books and is writing his paper. DS has a relic of St. Pio - I will share your story with my son this evening.

Kage

40.png
jillisamarie:
DH’s Godfather lived in the same town where Padre Pio was in San Giovanni Rotundo…

One day he went to Confession at the prompting of his mother because he had done something bad (he was about 7 years old at the time)…When he got home he asked his mother why had she told the priest his sin… of course she hadn’t…Padre Pio knew… It was a specific sin that he couldn’t have just pulled out of the air either…he “borrowed” something that didn’t belong to him … 😉

I’m always happy to hear of another person who’s fascinated with Padre Pio. I gobble up books on him. Whenever I finish one, I would be equally glad to read another. The best one I’ve ever read though is Padre Pio: the Wonder Worker(available at Amazon.ca or com).

It should be clear to every follower of Jesus that the saints can only work miracles, like reading souls (or minds, if you will) by the grace of Jesus Christ. It isn’t some magic power the dear Padre could turn ON or OFF. I was a gift to Him from the most Merciful Heart of Jesus that he could read souls… for no other reason than the salvation of souls. But wow, it is amazing. St. John Vianney was given this gift too.

I have a picture of Padre Pio right at my front door when you walk in and one over my bed. His face is so wonderful and cheerful. Even on my sadest days I seem to be happy just to behold his quiet peaceful smile. I would stongly suggest you hang up a few pictures of him… as I think he is just wonderful to contemplate and to befriend. After every Mass I try to go to the little statue of Pio and pray for priests… because he is a great example for our priests & religious too.

Pax et bonum

40.png
kage_ar:
Toni -

WOW! My son has chosen (or was chosen by) St. Padre Pio for his Confirmation - he has been reading books and is writing his paper. DS has a relic of St. Pio - I will share your story with my son this evening.

Kage
He is a great Saint and has been very helpful. I will pray for your son as he is preparing to receive this great sacrament.

40.png
jillisamarie:
How many of you know that padre pio could read minds. ?
I never heard, in all that I have read about Padre Pio, that he could read minds. I have read many times that he could read hearts of those who came to him for confession, not the same thing by any means, but a spiritual gift that has been exercised by several holy priests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back